FIFA 07 vs Pro Evolution Soccer 6

Which one of these is the better soccer game in your opinion?

• Total voters

Shoaib87

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Decided to start this thread after the mod deleted to of my posts in FIFA 07 thread for being off topic(starting a PES vs FIFA battle).

Which one of either FIFA 07 or PES 6 is the better soccer game in your opinion?PES 6 may not be out yet but its being said its gonna better than ever and better than FIFA 07(just as its always beter than FIFA.Anyway,give your opinions.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Um, PES 6 hasn't been released so its impossible to compare

For PS2 and PC versions PES6 will win by a mile, as FIFA07 is just like FIFA06 with a few upgrades.

Th 360 will be another story as EA have spent alot of time into there new game engine which looks superb. However, Konami being an Asian company wont really put alot of effort into the 360 version as there all Sony fanboys

But i still think PES6 will win. Especially with an Option File.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Fifa 07 is defo an improvement over previous Fifa series, and imo is even better than PES 5. So until PES6 comes out I wont compare the two. But as of now the best footie game is EA Sports Fifa 07

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
No chance mickie, pro evo 6 will rule all. Even though fifa 2007 seems good.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
Although I agree this Fifa is much better than previous titles, there is no competition between Fifa on Pes. Pes will always come out on top.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
JamesyJames3 said:
Pes will always come out on top.

Obviously this statement cannot be certain as who knows what the future years will bring?

The gameplay in Fifa 07 has definitely improved and has closed the gap on PES, though it isn't quite in the same class at the moment (in my opinion)

However it is good enough for me to enjoy playing on a regular basis - the Manager mode is great, it was made for people like me, not too in depth but just enough options to get me involved in running a team. The tactics side of things could do with improving mind

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Oh dear. I obtained my copy of fifa 2007 this morning.

It still feels the same as 06 to me, with just a few addons. The shooting is still terrible, albeit improved. Passing is weird, the ball floats along the ground. I like the licences but i cant stand the gameplay. Its my own fault for playing pro evo 5, i used to love fifa's. But sadly it just doesnt cut it anymore. As always the sound is great, and the commentary, but thats not enough for me to enjoy this game im afraid.

kodos

International Coach
Agreed with zim and the_gas. The gameplay in fifa is still not up to Pro Evo standards but it still keeps me interested. The manager mode as you said zim is fantastic as it is rather simple and also does keep you interested. I've never played any fifa versions since 03 so this may be the reason why I am enjoying the 07 version of the game.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I've bought every FIFA and PES every year even since the old days of ISS on the PSX, and i've always favoured Konami's football simulation. In my opinon, the people who are bothered about superficial features such as licensing, and any other gimmicks that EA uses, then they should buy FIFA, but true football fans should be able to cope with the fake kits and fake names in PES to appreciate the finest football game by a country mile that there is available out there on the market. The ont thing that really gets to me is that FIFA is really lazy with it's licenses. What i'm talking about is that EA knows that the only thing that FIFA trumps PES with is licenses, yet a lot of the faces and kits are very poorly implemented in the game. The licenses that PES does have are used very well, and every 'real' kit and 'real' face in PES is a thousand times better than their EA counterpart's.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
But as of now the best footie game is EA Sports Fifa 07
........for m_vaughan only. (can't see this officially announced/mentioned anywhere.)

Well I like the minor changes that EA have made in the gameplay of FIFA 07 and it's a much better footie game now. Right now, I have quit playing PES 5 so you guys can understand what I want to say. PES 6 isn't out yet so obviously both games can't be compared but one thing is for sure is that gameplay of PES 6 will definitely be better. I also agree with evertonfan that even though EA has all the licenses, some of the faces and kits are dreadful, apart from that I'm quite happy with the game.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In my opinion, Pro Evolution is the pits. It doesn't feel like football at all.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Skateboarder said:
In my opinion, Pro Evolution is the pits. It doesn't feel like football at all.

Oh come on Lee, I expected better of you than to post just one line. Give us some more in depth reasons as to why you don't like it.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
evertonfan said:
Oh come on Lee, I expected better of you than to post just one line. Give us some more in depth reasons as to why you don't like it.
It just doesn't feel like football. The stadium just seems so open there's no atmosphere and the crowd can't gee you up to score. The referees give ridiculous free kicks at the slightest tackle and teams like Norwich just can't compete with Manchester United so I'm stuck with the big teams. The day Pro Evolution loses it's foreign feeling, I will buy it. Not before though.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
Skateboarder said:
It just doesn't feel like football. The stadium just seems so open there's no atmosphere and the crowd can't gee you up to score. The referees give ridiculous free kicks at the slightest tackle and teams like Norwich just can't compete with Manchester United so I'm stuck with the big teams. The day Pro Evolution loses it's foreign feeling, I will buy it. Not before though.
well fair enough. Everybody has his/her personal view.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
cricket doctor said:
well fair enough. Everybody has his/her personal view.
Thank you! A Pro Evolution supporter that gives some leeway!

Users who are viewing this thread