FOOTBALL fifa 18

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Anyone got it? Any good?

i haven't played fifa for about 10 years?

Is it possible to play competitions / seasons with Spurs / England? Like a single premier league season, a world cup etc.?

I have zero interest in story modes, career modes, and I wouldn't play FUT with a gun to my head.

Would I still get something out of it?

D

Deleted member 46200

Anyone got it? Any good?

i haven't played fifa for about 10 years?

Is it possible to play competitions / seasons with Spurs / England? Like a single premier league season, a world cup etc.?

I have zero interest in story modes, career modes, and I wouldn't play FUT with a gun to my head.

Would I still get something out of it?
We have it and at the mo my man is playing a career as Luton town but you can have a single tournament thing and a custom cup and league... Does this help?

Who are the Spurs? Any questions and I'll have a look tonight.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We have it and at the mo my man is playing a career as Luton town but you can have a single tournament thing and a custom cup and league... Does this help?

Who are the Spurs? Any questions and I'll have a look tonight.
Thanks.

Just literally my only question is whether it is any good?

I guess I can try the demo if theres one

D

Dutch

No worries I'm downloading the demo.
Give the PES demo a try Dave as well if you have time and the inclination....gameplay wise I feel PES is more like football you see on the TV...whereas Fifa has much more licensed content.....but you can get mods to bring all the real names etcera to PES

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Give the PES demo a try Dave as well if you have time and the inclination....gameplay wise I feel PES is more like football you see on the TV...whereas Fifa has much more licensed content.....but you can get mods to bring all the real names etcera to PES

This has been the case for years, with Xbox you cannot up date pes option file which is big turn off for me so fifa will get my vote ....

D

Deleted member 46200

This has been the case for years, with Xbox you cannot up date pes option file which is big turn off for me so fifa will get my vote ....
But it doesn't have the national league for Birmingham to aspire too... !!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Would be on ps4 assume mods don't apply?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Does look like Konami have actually made a proper conscious effort to close the gap with EA this year. Passing feels a lot smoother on PES than it does in FIFA.
The Champions League and Europa licensing are what work in it's favour. If you're willing to take out an hour or two to update everything just once, could be well worth it. It is possible to import the option files into PS4 btw. Never tried it myself though.

D

Dutch

Does look like Konami have actually made a proper conscious effort to close the gap with EA this year. Passing feels a lot smoother on PES than it does in FIFA.
The Champions League and Europa licensing are what work in it's favour. If you're willing to take out an hour or two to update everything just once, could be well worth it. It is possible to import the option files into PS4 btw. Never tried it myself though.
Yeah I have always enjoyed the football feel to PES: Fifa always feels a little...orchestrated? Like the ball is on rails?

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Yeah I have always enjoyed the football feel to PES: Fifa always feels a little...orchestrated? Like the ball is on rails?
PES does feel a lot more fluid, that I will say.

D

Dutch

PES does feel a lot more fluid, that I will say.
I have tried to stay away from footy games this time round: what with cricket games, flightsim games and space survival shite.....when will I work and sleep?

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Always liked PES more than FIFA since I can't even recall, good to see it's finally getting the respect it deserves.

Fifa 18 doesn't have any major improvements over 17, if I were you I'd have kept my 17 copy since I'm not into online aspects such as FUT etc. Fifa 17 was a big update from 16 though, from Ignite engine to Frostbite.

Users who are viewing this thread