FIFA WC 2014 Final

Dipak

ICC Board Member
July 13: Germany v Argentina at Est?dio Maracan?, Rio de Janeiro

Get discussing! :D

----------

Though everyone's talking about Messi, there are two other players who have done really well for Argentina - Mascherano and di Maria. If di Maria isn't fit then it's gonna be really difficult for Argentina. Aguero coming on was a good sign for them though.

Germany's 7-1 win gives them a lot of confidence. I just hope they don't choke. If it ever goes to penalties, then the Germans will surely win (Germans hardly miss them!) Hopefully Kroos can replicate his performance against Brazil, though the Argentine defense won't just give away like Brazil's.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I expect nothing from Aguero, he is injured so will play like crap which is a shame since he's brilliant.

Di Maria will be a huge player as it's more of a double threat, Messi can't be the only guy to do it for the Argies.

They need to rely on their top four players to deliver for the win - Messi, Di Maria, Mascherano and Garay.

Germany on the other hand have to go for Schweinsteiger and Khedira in midfield since they've been brilliant there. Lahm is an average DM and an amazing full-back.

I'm still of the belief that it's a joke that Kroos plays in Ozil's position so Ozil gets moved out wide where he's average (especially on the left!), but I guess Kroos can do a good job if he keeps up his brilliant set pieces and remains a goal threat.

I think we'll see Muller up front with Schurrle coming in for this one.

Germany are obviously favourites, but there's no such thing as favourites in a World Cup final.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think people are being harsh on Kroos, a lot of german players right now have a tendency to look a bit ropey but actually contribute in a meaningful way.

I hope Germany win anyway because argentina haven't been very good at all.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Yeah. Most of their games, bar the Nigeria (and Belgium one to some extent) one have been cagey to say the least.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Will Klose Start @Dipak what do you think

Last edited:

Rizwan_zak11

Associate Captain
From my perception it's Germany who gets the upper hand, it's not just because they won by 7-1 it's because they are not relied on one player (eg. Brazil-Neymar). For Argentina their defense is really good but apart from Messi there isn't anyone who is playing well for them, if Germans find a way to stop Messi then it'd be tough to Argentina to pull thing off. Anyway hoping an eventful final here. :cheers

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
From my perception it's Germany who gets the upper hand, it's not just because they won by 7-1 it's because they are not relied on one player (eg. Brazil-Neymar). For Argentina their defense is really good but apart from Messi there isn't anyone who is playing well for them, if Germans find a way to stop Messi then it'd be tough to Argentina to pull thing off. Anyway hoping an eventful final here. :cheers

I think Mascherano would have something to say about that. He was excellent last night.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Mascherano was brilliant! Also if di Maria is fit then Messi would have a partner in crime. Garay has been solid in defense. I won't say that Argentina are a one man team.

I do think Klose will start, don't know why. But we will definitely see Schuerrle or Goetze coming in place of him.

Users who are viewing this thread