ICC Board Member
4/7/14 - Germany v France
4/7/14 - Brazil v Colombia
5/7/14 - Argentina v Belgium
5/7/14 - Netherlands v Costa Rica

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
France, Colombia, Belgium and Netherlands for me. All of them are sure to be crackers.

Dipak

ICC Board Member
France, Colombia, Belgium and Netherlands for me. All of them are sure to be crackers.
France haven't been quite tested with a heavy attacking side yet. I can see Germany beating them, but not quite easily. Can't argue with the other three though. Colombia have been really impressive thus far. With Luiz, Alves and Marcelo going out of their position often, I think Colombia can pull off a good counter-attack easily.

----------

@StinkyBoHoon Can you sticky this?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
France haven't been quite tested with a heavy attacking side yet. I can see Germany beating them, but not quite easily. Can't argue with the other three though. Colombia have been really impressive thus far. With Luiz, Alves and Marcelo going out of their position often, I think Colombia can pull off a good counter-attack easily.

----------

@StinkyBoHoon Can you sticky this?

At this stage it is as much about being ready to make a statement as it is team strength. I am scared Colombia will sit back and mess up the Brazil game because they've already broken their record, when in reality they have the quality to win it.

Brazil will certainly do damage early on, but it is their habit to tail away as the game goes on. I was surprised to see Hulk put in a great performance against Chile as well as he is usually one to shy away from the big games. With home support, Brazil will always be strong so it'll be interesting to see how Colombia handle the game.

That German side has been so unconvincing for me, and that idiot L?w still pisses me off to no end. Four centre backs. Playing the best full back in the game at DM. Not playing a striker up front. I could go on. I would be so happy to see France show them up. What a waste of Germany's talent.

Argentina have been dog turd so far and Belgium have finally got their shit together. Unless Argentina step up it will be straight forward for Belgium.

Netherlands were amazing in the group stages but weren't so convincing against a quality Mexico side. For them to be beaten I think Costa Rica will need to make use of their vulnerability at the back, and I can't see them doing that as their attack has been a bit off for me IMO. I will obviously be rooting for Costa Rica, but I don't think they have it in them. Ruiz and Campbell will have to be on top form, and their defence will face it's biggest test yet, Navas will surely make a bunch of saves.

Gash

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Grad Predicts

Quarters:

Germany v France - Germany.
Brazil v Colombia - Brazil (Can be Colombia, preferably Brazil though)
Argentina v Belgium - Belgium. (Hopefully; I personally don't think Argentina can have this one)
Netherlands v Costa Rica - Netherlands.

Semis:

Germany vs Brazil - Germany (Quiet easily. Brazil has been struggling from Amateur teams, how on Earth shall they defeat Germany?)
Belgium vs Netherlands - Netherlands

Finals:

Germany vs Netherlands - Netherlands the Oranje army shall clinch this!!

Well, I've already braced myself for the upcoming criticism you're probably gonna make (unless you believe in Oranje).

War

Chairman of Selectors
That German side has been so unconvincing for me, and that idiot L?w still pisses me off to no end. Four centre backs. Playing the best full back in the game at DM. Not playing a striker up front. I could go on. I would be so happy to see France show them up. What a waste of Germany's talent.

I know Low is not universally loved in Germany, but i don't think the tactics he has employed that you have mentioned have really been that bad.

Of course it might have been a surprise Klose hasn't started, but he was injured going into the cup & didn;'t have the greatest season at Lazio. So i think in a way him using Muller in the striker role (i believe Pep tried it a few this season at Bayern), is a fair tactic.

Muller certainly looks very comfortable in the role. And if the future when all German players are fit, i could see them continuing with that.

Playing Lahm in mid-field was a must really with the injury situation to schweinsteiger & Khedira alongside Gundagon & the Bender bro being out. It certainly has left them a bit weak defensively on the flanks, but i don't think he had a choice.

Epic

Panel of Selectors

From what I've seen, when Muller leads the line, he does what any other striker would do...

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
Low seems to have taken criticism of this tactics on board - Lahm back @ RB & Klose starts. Back to normal then

War

Chairman of Selectors
Brtfh_YCMAAOdpk.png:large

Users who are viewing this thread