Profile Flag
Australia
08/7/14 - Germany v Brazil
09/7/14 - Argentina v Netherlands
13/7/14 - Argentina vs Germany

Last edited:

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Germany have a great chance to break the semi final hoodoo with an amazing squad and the injury of Neymar and the suspension of Thiago Silva.

Both the defense and attack of the Brazil would be without a leader.
@StinkyBoHoon - Sticky this? :)

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Germany will lift the cup:D

War

Chairman of Selectors
Germany vs Argentina final. Fairly tale ending with Messi leading ARG to victory, thus opening a new chapter in the debate whether he is the greatest player of all-time.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'd go with that, on the proviso that I know I'm not great with predictions.

I think germany will win as brazil have plodded on by having one of the few teams with world class players in nearly every position (Fred and Julio Ceasar being the exceptions), they may not have the most favourable make up of world class players and would like to trade someone like fernandinho for a striker of the equivalent level, but they have matched up well one-on-one against every team they've met so far.

they don't against germany, there will be no one-on-one areas on the pitch players are massively outgunning their opposite number and and missing Silva and Neymar compounds that.

for Argentina against the netherlands I have less reasons, I just think that annoying little bugger messi will do it for them.

so the war criminals versus the war criminals in hiding for the final it is.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors

"This leniency has been so prevalent that we can only assume the referees are acting on some kind of FIFA directive. It would seem that the world governing body, understandably, does not want to see too many players suspended, which might devalue its showpiece competition. "

Said this myself to my dad when watching the round of 16, clear difference in how liberal referees were with their cards from the group stages.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President

said exactly the same thing in QF finals, brazil went after James all match and have little to complain about losing neymar because their opposition adopted this tactic.

as far as the yellow things go in the world cup it is becoming a major problem in the big events (CL as well) silly bookings and the like costing the tournament its best players in the business end. I think the best tactic would be to introduce a more pro-active appeals panel. players should be able to be get yellow cards after a match as well and have the removed, perhaps with a slightly more lenient approach to suspensions.

would perhaps cut down petulent fouling as often a player just does it until they get caught, maybe knowing a couple of deliberate attempts to batter someone would result in them picking up yellows (maybe even more than 1) after the match might cut down the number of fouls. also, removing them could perhaps mean when a player has made a goofy mistake he doesn't miss the most important games of the tournament.

it's ridiculous a mistake by the referee can be allowed to impact, or not impact, on a player after the match in question has finished.

all the "best ever world cup" rhetoric is being blown out the water with these dire latter stage matches.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm hearing some rumours from the big journalist that De Jong could be fit for Netherlands 2moro...

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No Thiago Silva and Neymar no party. :noway

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland