Fifa world cup draw

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The final draw for the groups of the 2010 Fifa world cup draw is set to take place in Cape Town, South Africa today from 19:00 local time.

The pots

Pot 1 (seeded teams) Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England, South Africa (hosts)

Pot 2 (Asian, Oceanian and North and Cenrtal American zone) Australia, Japan, Korea DPR, Korea Republic, Honduras, Mexico and United states of America, New Zealand.

Pot 3 (African and South American zone) Ivory Coast, Algeria, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Uruguay, Paraguay and Chile.

Pot 4 (European zone) France, Portugal, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Greece, Serbia and Denmark.

Only European teams may be drawn with teams form the same zone.

I hope South Africa gets a nice, easy group. New Zealand/Korea DPR/Honduras with Uruguay and Switzerland/ Slovenia should suffice. If we get Portugal, Paraguay and Mexico, we are screwed.

You can get some real monster groups with these types of draws, just imagine Brazil, Portugal, Ivory Coast and Mexico in one group.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I think SA should consider themselves lucky to be considered in the seeded teams, thus avoiding the likes of Spain, Holland and Brazil.

Auwais

International Coach
Never been a fan of the hosts being top seeds.

Still remember South Korea cheating their way past Spain and Italy in 2002, so hope that doesn't happen with SA.

Highlander999

ICC President
Please footballing God, don't give England, France or Portugal. Everyone else in the other pots, I feel we can beat, just worried about those two.

mdoggie

Club Cricketer
I think SA should consider themselves lucky to be considered in the seeded teams, thus avoiding the likes of Spain, Holland and Brazil.

They put the hosts as a seeded team so as to keep them in the tournament for as long as possible. They don't want the locals having nothing to cheer for if their team goes out in the first round.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Please gives us the crims in the group stage so we can wallop them. Then it'll be another sport we'll be better than them at.

And why do you want to avoid France Tom? England will absolutely slaughter them. Even Ireland outplayed them ffs.

harrisb

International Coach
England got:

USA
Algeria
and Slovenia

Easy enough group, however, if we win the group (which we will), we'll have to play P2 from group D.
Most probably, Germany or Australia

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Delighted with that draw - the only match I'd be ever so slightly concerned about would be the USA - they did brilliantly in the Confed. Cup after all, but I reckon we'll win that game.

Dunno why everyone's stressing about meeting Germany or Australia, we recently beat Germany with our second string - in their own country! As for Australia...

I'd be worried if I was Brazil/Portugal though - that's a real tough group they have there, I wouldn't be surprised if Portugal don't make it through that one.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Never been a fan of the hosts being top seeds.

Still remember South Korea cheating their way past Spain and Italy in 2002, so hope that doesn't happen with SA.

Yes, i was praying that we should not face again those cheaters. Quite happy with our group :D It would have been more delightful If England would have got Portugal :p

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
They put the hosts as a seeded team so as to keep them in the tournament for as long as possible. They don't want the locals having nothing to cheer for if their team goes out in the first round.

Which is going to happen anyway.

harrisb

International Coach
I don't think we'll have any problems against the US, our squad is much better than theirs

Users who are viewing this thread