[FINAL] 8th November: Indian Warriors vs. Melbourne Bitters (OD Final)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
odfinal.png

Welcome to the final of the VB One Day Cup! After all the delays, the season is finally culminating. We have two of the top sides in the OD competition take on each other to win the coveted PCCL One Day Championship Silverware. Let's take a look at each teams performance this season.

INDIANWARRIORS
The Indian Warriors have been the dominant OD side this season, losing only four games on route to the final. Their run-scoring has been well-distributed and it is their bowling that has got them this far, with 4 of their bowlers in the top 10 wicket-takers this season.

Season Record: 11 wins, 4 losses (73.3%)
Form: WWWWW
Longest Streak: 5 wins (current)

Batsmen to Watch
Kshitiz_Indian: 747 runs @ 57.46 with 3 centuries and 2 fifties (#6)
surendar: 703 runs @ 78.11 with 1 century and 5 fifties (#9)
Karachi Xpress: 594 runs @ 45.69 with 2 centuries and 2 fifties (#15)

Bowlers to Watch
biggy09: 23 wickets @ 34.39 (#3)
gudduthemaster: 22 wickets @ 30.41 (#4)
Pakistani Army: 22 wickets @ 31.64 (#5)
Abhas: 22 wickets @ 32.82 (#6)

MELBOURNEBITTERS
The Melbourne Bitters just snuck into the OD final, beating the Donkeys to the second position by 2 points. However, the Bitters have had a great OD season, by their own standards. Winning just above half their games and amassing a competition-leading 4457 runs in their 15 games (that's an average of 297 per inning), they've been up-and-down, but will be looking to spoil the Warrior's party.

Season Record: 8 wins, 7 losses (53.3%)
Form: LLWLL
Longest Streak: 3 wins (Weeks 2-4, 6-8)

Batsmen to Watch
ledzep: 782 runs @ 71.09 with 3 centuries and 5 fifties (#4)
Feelin Blue?: 760 runs @ 95.00 with 2 centuries and 5 fifties (#5)
Simbazz: 732 runs @ 61.00 with 1 century and 6 fifties (#7)
Ayub95: 650 runs @ 54.17 with 1 century and 5 fifties (#11)

Bowlers to Watch
Mad Snake: 21 wickets @ 37.33 (#9)
aus5892: 21 wickets @ 37.67 (#10)
The Spin: 20 wickets @ 42.55 (#14)

HEAD2HEAD
This final is very much a competition of Bitters batsmen versus the Warriors bowlers. Let's look at how the three competitions in the regular season turned out:

Week 2: Indian Warriors 286 (47.4) lost to Melbourne Bitters 287/5 (44) by 5 wickets
Week 9: Melbourne Bitters 308/8 (50) lost to Indian Warriors 309/9 (49.2) by 1 wicket
Week 14: Melbourne Bitters 243/5 (50) lost to Indian Warriors 244/1 (38.2) by 9 wickets

Indian Warriors 2 - 1 Melbourne Bitters

Recent form suggests that the Warriors, who've just hit red-hot form, should win this one easily. The Bitters have only managed 1 victory in their last 5 games, and are very much underdogs. Let's hope for a great match of cricksim!

--
Warriors choose pitch. Match will be simmed at approximately 8pm CT (that's GMT -5 or maybe -6).

We'll be going with this team :

1. Left_Hander
2. Ledzep
3. Ayub95
4. Feelin Blue?
5. Simbazz
6. Jaztheman
7. PranavPathak
8. The Spin
9. aus5892
10. Gilly Fan
11. Mad Snake

This is pretty much the team that defeated the Warriors in week 2. I hope our boys can reapeat the same. :upray

Good luck Bitters. :)

*Post Edited*

Last edited:
Nice work with all of the pre-game buildup.

I'm due for a big one here, I've had a fairly low key season. Go Bitters, let's win the comp! :)

Shame you guys will fail to match my finals performance again this year. ;)

We are like LA Lakers of PCCL.

Guys, lets deliver the last fatal blow :) we have to win the final :thumbs

So, it's time for the final. Good luck, both teams. This should be a thrilling encounter. :thumbs

I'm in great form as the number 3 batsman in ODs, having knocked up three consecutive half centuries and I also contributed with 64 in the last first class match. Kshitiz is on fire though, he is blazing out the centuries and I can't see us losing here.

Also to note is that we destroyed the Melbourne Bitters by 9 wickets in our last encounter.

Can you hear the Warriors? Nooo nooo
Can you hear the Warriors? Nooo nooo
Can you hear the Warriors? I CAN'T HEAR AN EFFING THING

BITTERS HERE, BITTERS THERE, BITTERS EFFING EVERYWHERE!

Users who are viewing this thread