Flash File Downloads Everytime

bad_till_bones

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi All,

I am using Firefox. N the query is regarding the Flash Game File. As we all know, the file size is approx 14.5 MB.

I am using a slow DSL connection of 256kbps. The issue is that the flash file gets saved for a particular session only. Once I reopen the browser, every time a fresh download of 14.5MB starts.

Is this normal? Or there is a workaround to save the file in the cache or some other place, so that it does not get downloaded every time.

It does not download everytime. Only when there is some updation of the code, does it require the file to be downloaded again.

Hi All,

I am using Firefox. N the query is regarding the Flash Game File. As we all know, the file size is approx 14.5 MB.

I am using a slow DSL connection of 256kbps. The issue is that the flash file gets saved for a particular session only. Once I reopen the browser, every time a fresh download of 14.5MB starts.

Is this normal? Or there is a workaround to save the file in the cache or some other place, so that it does not get downloaded every time.

dude, i am assuming you are using the latest version of firefox (3.5.5). what you need to do is check if the history is enabled (check the attached screenshot). in case this not work, please repost here and i will try and see what i can do :)
cheers mate

Attachments

• remem history.JPG
    remem history.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 18
i have the history enabled but it keeps downloading the 14mb file everytime i quit and fire up again.

another thing that MIGHT be causing problems is the cache limit for the browser. please check if it is at least 50 mb (see attached file)

if the above does not help, let me know the version of firefox you are running.

i remember there used to be an option to delete cache every time the browser was closed, but this irritating feature was removed in the recent firefox releases. i know this could also be a contributing factor to this problem

Attachments

• cache limit.JPG
    cache limit.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
Well if you'll clear all your cache files then you have to download the files again. There will be a desktop client soon for the slow internet users. Can't say when atm.

Hi All,

Hi there,

As MrAwesome said earlier, please enable the cache in your browser, and increase the cache limit to atleast 50 MB.

If any other features like clear cache on exit are enabled, please disable it if you want to prevent downloading everytime.

As an experiment, you could try it on another browser (IE/Chrome) and let us know if you get the same error (which you shouldn't, technically). Please PM me if this is still a problem.

Cheers.

I still have that problem!
my cache is set to 100MB(i set it on purpose) and clear cache on exit is disabled. Its frustating to download the client for every match!!

Users who are viewing this thread