FOOTBALL Football Manager Discussion

Chris.

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This is the place to discuss all your greatest results and acheivements.

Im currently Volendam in the Eredivisie in Holland ;)

Season 1

Took over at Volendam in December of 2006 after being unemployed, time managing in the Dutch lower league. The squad had a lot of youth and potential. The strongest part of my team was my strikers, Jack Tuyp and 19 year old Michiel Hemmen who were consistently scoring. Some of the best results in this season were a victory over top division side NAC Breda and a 7-0 thrashing against FC Omniworld. The high point of the season was cup run where we eventually lost to the mighty Ajax in the final.

Jupiler League(Predicted 5th): 2nd (Playoffs)

Playoffs: Lost to Go Ahead Eagles 2 wins to 1 win

Cup: Final v Ajax (Lost 3-1)

Top Goal Scorer: Jack Tuyp (25)

Tranfers In:

Kevin Larsen
Boy Waterman(loan)
Ángel Di Maria

Season 2

My first season in charge was a very succesful one finishing top of the table and getting promoted into the top division. This was the only real success I had during the season as we were stopped at the first hurdle against top division side NEC 1-0. My player of the season goes to Michiel Hemmen due to his goal scoring ability where he got 17 goals and also his creativity where he had 14 assists and he is also just 20 years of age. Logan Bailly was bought in to replace the out going loanee Boy Waterman, he had a average season, he conceeded 32 goals and keept 8 clean sheets. Bruno Silva was bought in from FC Groningen to play first choice right back. Joey Van Den Berg would play on the other side of defence to Silva and Rachid Ofrany to challenge Jack Tuyp and Michiel Hemmen.

Jupiler League(Predicted 1st): 1st

Cup: 2nd round (NEC 1-0)

Top Goal Scorer: Jack Tuyp (32)

Tranfers In:

Logan Bailly
Bruno Silva
Joey Van Den Berg
Rachid Ofrany

Season 3

In Progress...

Also could any one who has good knowledge of the Dutch leagues explain how the European playoffs work?

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Love this game, got a game going with Grimsby, I was at the Toon but got sacked, they gave me nothing to spend! I'm now 4th with Grimsby after 18 games. Beckford and Reddy are my strikeforce, with 27 goals between them! I've also managed to get us out of £290K debt.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
After uninstalling it at the weekend I am re-installing it although I highly doubt I will get very far, as the patch takes ages...

Sureshot

Executive member
They use the post for downloads in Sleaford, then?

The patch is quite small.

D

Deleted member 13648

I've not been on FM in a while because my computer has *****d up again and won't work. I won the Carling Cup in a tense shoot-out against Aston Villa. I'm also 5th or 6th in the league. I've got all the squads updated as of a week ago but I'm sure there will be one for the new season.

Manly

Thor
i didnt get 2007, should i get it on the cheap? or just wait for 08 for xmas?

Animator!

School Cricketer
Just get the FMUpdates patch by Q if you want a proper up to date patch with the latest transfers

Sureshot

Executive member
Get ready for excitement...Fm08 has been announced, with features and screenshots:D

Features
http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/article/101/1600.html

Screenshots
http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/article/100/1584.html

Glad International management has been revamped, something that really needed doing.

New interface, I am the only that thinks it looks a bit similar to the Fifa Manager interface/skin?

http://www.fm07.de/en/bilder/fm07/images/fm07features02gr.jpg

Hmm, maybe not?

Users who are viewing this thread