FOOTBALL Football Manager series

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I read yesterday that Steam is doing this for several new games starting today. I assumed there'd be a list of them somewhere on Steam, but I can't find one.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I read yesterday that Steam is doing this for several new games starting today. I assumed there'd be a list of them somewhere on Steam, but I can't find one.
Think that's a seperate thing. 40 games, mostly demos I think.

But there seems to be a few publishers putting on sales. There's a big discount on F1 games and Ubisoft have a big sale on. They've got lots of big titles (can recommend Far Cry 2 and 4).

GOG.com spring sale too - highly recommend the Dishonored series (two games and several DLC) for £22 and X-Com 2 is £8.79.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Think that's a seperate thing. 40 games, mostly demos I think.

But there seems to be a few publishers putting on sales. There's a big discount on F1 games and Ubisoft have a big sale on. They've got lots of big titles (can recommend Far Cry 2 and 4).

GOG.com spring sale too - highly recommend the Dishonored series (two games and several DLC) for £22 and X-Com 2 is £8.79.

Yes, I think you're right. I just saw this on the app:

Annotation 2020-03-18 101159.png

I picked up F1 2019 for a good price the other day. I'm pretty much a sports-game-only player.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yes, I think you're right. I just saw this on the app:

View attachment 230635

I picked up F1 2019 for a good price the other day. I'm pretty much a sports-game-only player.
Yeah, I'm tempted by F1. Never liked the sport but always enjoyed the games more than other driving games (excluding Mario Kart). There was one on the SNES called Exhaust Heat that I absolutely loved.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
I haven't powered up F1 2019 yet. Been spending all my gaming time building up my skill points and attributes in my AOT2 career......he says, hijacking the thread even more.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I use to buy FM every year, I was mad into Football Manager Live before it went belly up back in 2010 I think it was, had a great time with that one.

The main series has become a bit frustrating in recent years, I tend to only buy it every second year now, but since it's free for another 5 days or so, might give it a run.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone still play the current edition or any of the older ones? And is anyone planning to get the new one?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I will probably buy it play it for one season and never load it again.Seems i do this every year or I go on a 20 year odyssey around the leagues.£25.79 seems cheapest price though i am holding out for £20 lets see who blinks first

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
You could have got the current version for free a few days back.
I will probably buy it play it for one season and never load it again.Seems i do this every year or I go on a 20 year odyssey around the leagues.£25.79 seems cheapest price though i am holding out for £20 lets see who blinks first

D

Dutch

Have skipped a number of versions so it might be time to be pulled back in!

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have skipped a number of versions so it might be time to be pulled back in!

Depends on how good the match engine is this year, there has been a noticeable decrease in goals with strikers frequently not scoring anywhere near their real life totals in the game. Further, a lot of goals seem to result from long shots and set pieces.

Off the pitch, FM 20 was possibly the series' best game I would say. However the game's AI has not progressed a lot, the visuals look horrific even in 2D, the devs have been really poor in terms of communication over the last few years and the official forums are notorious for trying to silence any complaints with mods, researchers and a few 'loyal' names always trying to argue and then accuse you of being rude. Feel like the series has absolutely stagnated in the absence of any competition and the headline features genuinely look like a joke this year with just rebranded terms and UI Changes everywhere. I might consider buying only if the match engine is good this year as I don't see a whole lot of other features that I would desperately miss out on.

If it is your first version in a while though, I would say go for it! You'll love the Club Vision part that makes you really think about joining a club if you can't fulfill their requirements (some of these are brutal and depend upon the owner's personality). The new tactics creator feels more intuitive and there has been numerous small improvements that are visible only after you start playing.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Gone for it seeing as i have bought every one since 2012 according to my steam library so it was inevitable really.Nice first look on twitch/you tube.In theory the beta should drop some time on tuesday .Tbh i have never been too fussed about the match engine for me its ease of navigation around the stats my biggest bugbear is the scouts suggesting unsuitable players either too expensive or worse than what we have,I end up having to find the players myself, that and one negetive comment to the press or a player and the whole deck of cards comes down.

Users who are viewing this thread