Football Transfers Thread

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The thing about Toure is he's past his best. It was for all to see last year. He wasn't as dominant in the tackle or quick at closing down. When Gallas got injured, we got *****. ?16 is a great price assuming we spend it on someone decent. However, we lose one of the most dedicated, whole-hearted players in the Premiership and the last of the 'Invincibles'.

From a footballing standpoint, it makes sense as long as we buy someone i.e Bassong. If not, we're just weakening our squad to pay off a debt so that our fliping tight board can keep hold of their money, the greedy bastards.

EDIT: ?16m. :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I don't care where he plays; he's predominantly a righ-back. And it's great to see Madrid finally deciding to strenghten their weak link.

lewbis05

Club Cricketer
i can't believe how many good players madrid have signed

united have lost ronaldo that is good advantage for liverpool to win the league

sd92

International Coach
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has renewed his war of words with Real Madrid, this time over their summer transfer spree.
"They will have plenty of problems with balance," he said. "I told Ronaldo before he flew out that he will end up playing centre-half because I don't think they have one. I don't envy (Real coach Manuel) Pellegrini picking his team. Barcelona are different because they have grown their squad properly and added one or two players each season."

Ouch. Good old Al. Legend!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
i can't believe how many good players madrid have signed

united have lost ronaldo that is good advantage for liverpool to win the league

This is getting really boring. We have lost great players before, yet still went on to win the league the following season. And remember, you could still lose Alonso:

Xabi Alonso on his way out at Liverpool...and Rafa wants Lee Cattermole to replace him | Mail Online

And look who Rafa wants to replace him!!

:rtfl :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has renewed his war of words with Real Madrid, this time over their summer transfer spree.
"They will have plenty of problems with balance," he said. "I told Ronaldo before he flew out that he will end up playing centre-half because I don't think they have one. I don't envy (Real coach Manuel) Pellegrini picking his team. Barcelona are different because they have grown their squad properly and added one or two players each season."

Ouch. Good old Al. Legend!

He's right. Real Madrid have gone striker crazy.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Liverpool will be making a huge mistake letting Xabi Alonso go. He's a great player. I read today Torres doesn't want him to leave. Benitez is mad if he thinks Cattermole is anything like a worthy replacement too.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Liverpool will be making a huge mistake letting Xabi Alonso go. He's a great player. I read today Torres doesn't want him to leave. Benitez is mad if he thinks Cattermole is anything like a worthy replacement too.

Which is why I wouldn't go celebrating that we've lost Ronaldo yet. Xabi Alonso is a vital part of that team and as you said, letting him go would be a huge mistake. As for Cattermole as a replacement:

:rtfl :rtfl :rtfl

Also, remember that the window doesn't close until the 31st August - and I'd be amazed if Sir Alex doesn't pull a last minute masterstroke.

Valencia's first goal for the club looks a bit tasty. Looks a very good player!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpMFGTZ3bqo

Fair enough, the keeper made a pig's ear out of it, but I reckon Valencia will be a huge success at Man Utd. He's always given us trouble in the past when playing for Wigan...

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
There are loads of idiot about who think Man Utd have some sort of weak team this year, it's ridiculous. We are absolutely fine up front - we have Rooney who's going to be an absolute beast this year, now he's playing actually up front. Berbatov seems to be coming into it and playing well now and Owen is scoring and playing really well so he'll score when needed. We also have young Macheda and Welbeck to come in, too. Feck Tevez. As for our midfield we have plenty. Valencia's looking nice, Nani's starting to play well, finally, and we'll have Ljajic on the right eventually, too. Plenty. As for the left we have Tosic who seems to be playing a fair bit more now, Park can play there or on the right and we also have Obertan to play there, as well as Giggs. In the centre we've got the likes of Carrick, Anderson, Scholes, Fletcher and Hargreaves is due back soon. Okay we've not got someone with the attacking flare and the quality on the wing of Ronaldo, and I'm also a little bit worried as to who's going to take freekicks, but we've got some great players in that group. As for our defence we've got solid Centre Halfs in Ferdinand, Vidic and Evans, a great Left Back in Evra with back-up of Fabio and John O'Shea can play there or at Right Back. As for Right Back I'm a little bit worried about that. Neville is injured and probably past it, and Rafael is a bit young so I think we'll see a mix of Brown and O'Shea there, which worries me a little. Overall though that's a top quality squad and I don't see a problem with us retaining the title.

But, of course, as the fans of all the other clubs know, we're truly screwed this year :doh

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
There is no way Arbeloa will be selected ahead of Ramos. Just like he isn't for Spain. Arbeloa has been signed because he is versatile and because he was actually a left back before being made a right back. And right back is not our weak link, no.

Alex Ferguson can say what he wants, I could not care less. Real have never had good defences and have still managed to win trophies before where Barcelona even after "growing their squad" have gone for pretty long spells without winning. Its true that we have signed probably one two many attacking players but I think its obvious that VDV and Huntelaar are leaving, and maybe Ruud, althought I want the latter to stay.

And yes, Kolo Toure has joined the City Revolution.

Despite being a Roja fan I can safely say that Ronaldo was more important to Manure than Alonso is to Liverpool. I prefer Senna over Alonso as it is, so dont know we Real have to get him. Not a bad player but not the best available either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread