Football Transfers Thread

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Unlike Southampton where there's a domino effect on players leaving, at BVB, they almost run their club in such a way that they're only losing 1 important player a summer, and this goes all the way back to the summer of 2011 when Sahin left for Real, so it's highly unlikely that any other BVB starter leaves this summer.

----------

BBC Sport - Willy Caballero: Man City set to sign Malaga goalkeeper

Transfer news: Goalkeeper Willy Caballero set to sign for Manchester City from Malaga | Football News | Sky Sports

Joe Hart to face competition at Manchester City from Willy Caballero | Football | The Guardian

Solid keeper, way better than Pantilimon, still can't get over how he doesn't start for Argentina (I don't even think he's in their WC squad...), glad in a way because I'm positive his price would've skyrocketed with the WC.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yup, awesome keeper. He's being heralded as some sort of back-up, but I see him challenging Hart hard for the number 1 jersey. I'm sure we'll see him starting before too long.

Certainly strange that he's never played for Argentina, not sure how Monaco's second choice can start ahead of him.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Fulham were relegated so he should continue to do well in the Championship. The fee is madness though, think of all the top strikers that were signed for around that. QPR signed Remy for far less than that, and add a few million on and you get Giroud and Bony. Ridiculous.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone else think 11 million for McCormack is a bit too much ? I know he did well in the championship but he isn't proven at the top level.

He's a good Championship footballer...?11m is ridiculous.

Vivek7

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
FC Barcelona are crazy. They didn't need Suarez at all! With Messi, Neymar & Sanchez upfront, what else could they ask for? They should focus more on their defensive side. If I was Luis Enrique, I would try signing Jan Vertonghen from Spurs or Mats Hummels from Dortmund.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
FC Barcelona are crazy. They didn't need Suarez at all! With Messi, Neymar & Sanchez upfront, what else could they ask for? They should focus more on their defensive side. If I was Luis Enrique, I would try signing Jan Vertonghen from Spurs or Mats Hummels from Dortmund.

AAAA! And what about replacing Xavi(34) and Cesc. They preferably need to cover up the vacuity in the midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread