Football Websites

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd want to know some websites for football news and articles such as Cricinfo is for cricket.
Can anybody here help me out.

mvuaghan is talking crap as always. Plus, Goal is a very crap site. The stories are mostly rumours made up by the site itself. SkySports is miles better. BBC is slow to update its news.

Will_NA is talking rubbish, because he is english. (or scottish, or irish, or welsh, or whatever million things you have there). Goal does not make up any stories, but post rumours from other sites after quoting the source, thereby allowing the reader to analyse. Sky Sports is good in terms of content but are again biased.

Goal is quite funny though. I have always thought that there is room for a football site like cricinfo too come in and take over. Maybe I should do one and there won't be any united bias whatsoever.

Goal is no better than tribal football.

Take a look at this for example:

Goal.com - Premier League - Alonso To Arsenal If Barry Joins Liverpool?

No quotes, they just basically report made up rumours from the tabloid press.

The very first paragraph says this:

Goal.com said:
According to a report in the British tabloid the Daily Mirror, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is ready to dip into the transfer market and make a £12 million bid for Xabi Alonso.

Its like reading the transfer rumours in the press section on BBC. All the confirmed and exclusive reports are usually titled CONFIRMED and EXCLUSIVE respectively. Goal do not make up anything themselves as Will mentioned.

Last edited:
Read my last line, they report nonsense from the tabloid press.

Both, as good as they are, are extremely biased towards English football and English teams.

I usually go only to Goal among the english sites, but my favourite is AS which is in spanish.
Stop the Press!

The BBC is biased towards coverage of English football???!!!!! What on earth is a site paid for by British people and aimed at those people doing being biased towards English football I wonder?

Whereas I suppose AS isn't biased towards Spanish football in the slightest:rolleyes:
I wouldn't know, I don't read Spanish, I guess you have to be Spanish or interested in Spanish football to bother to read it! Maybe just maybe they are aiming it at Spanish people do you think!

Users who are viewing this thread