For those who want a better game of BLIC 07

sidratt

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well, lets see... I've got BLIC 99, Cric 2000, Cric 2002, Cric 2004, Cric 2005 and now I've got BLIC 2007. You know what? I think BLC 99 was the best and then (here it comes) second is BLIC 2007! I know I know I've read all the complaints- too easy, stupid AI, impossible catching.....but even then, i think this game isn't being given a chance.

Sure, we all want a perfect cricket game......but come on, we all know cricket is much more complicated, far less popular (in the game-developing parts of the world), and much more difficult to accurately portray in a video game than most other sports (read: Soccer).

Now, the thread topic is improving your BLIC 07 game, so here are my tips:

*When batting- If you find it too easy, ramp up the difficulty to test level (Duh). If still too easy (which I'm sure it is), turn off the pitch point indicator (start menu>options>graphics). If still too easy, turn off the bowlers aiming cursor (start menu>options>graphics). If you're still having no fun, turn off all the other indicators, including radar, and try some more. Personally I've found this the best way to bat in BLIC 07, since it really forces you to slow down ur innings. Oh, and please don't ruin the game for yourself by playing the same shot over and over and over again. Playing with variety is much more satisfying. But, if you're STILL creaming sixes every ball, then pat yourself on the back, brother, cuz you're too good! :hpraise

*When bowling- Now here we have a problem. Bowling is just too easy in the game, and there's no easy way to fix it! The best thing you can do is play with the worst possible team available (eg. Bermuda, Scotland etc) against the best possible teams available (eg. Australia, South Africa etc). Other than that, you can turn off the above mentioned pitch point indicator, but its only a minor effect. The really extreme end is to turn off the aiming cursor as well, but I find this totally impractical since every delivery is essentially a dice-roll! The only other option is to autoplay it and hope the game gives you a decent total to chase.

*Fielding- Ok, I SERIOUSLY don't understand this... why are people complaining about this so much! I do agree that seeing the wicketkeeper whip the bails off every time is annoying, and so are those overthrows, but even then the fielding section is not that bad! You should understand something straightaway... you WILL at some point or the other drop a catch in a match, whether it be you're not concentrating, or you were taken totally by surprise. Well, dont whine about, just practice practice practice! the best practice comes from throwing the ball back to the keeper; get a feel for how long it takes to stop the cursor at the centre, then the next time a batsman sends a dolly your way, you'll be able to pouch it with ease! Reflex catches in the slip and WK are a bit harder, but once you grab a few, it'll be built into your fingers.

*Multiplayer- I have the PS2 version of the game, so i cant help out with the online play stuff :( . But i have played it offline with friends, and it really helps to turn off the pitch point cursor. If you want you can hide the confidence bars too. And maybe even the radar. And maybe even if you and your friend are total pros, you can hide the aiming cursor too. Oh, and playing with some really crappy teams can help, though i dont think thats as much fun as playing your own country! :happy

Thats all the tips i have. Remember, these tips aren't for everyone, only for those who find the game too easy and want to give the game a chance, rather than return it or just throw it away! If you REALLLY hate this game, then just return it, and hold your breath for the Art of Cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a Nice 3rd Post lol. Really good points and puts a positve spin on BLI07, Well Done Mate!

Haha...well, here's my fifth, and here's to hoping i can reach double figures!

Here's a handicap I imposed on myself in BLC05 that made it really fun.

If the AI bats first and puts up a total, I have to score that total in half the alloted overs.

If I bat first and put up a total, the AI has to score half my total.

This actually made BLC05 really fun for me along with some other tweaks.

lol England were 4 for 70 odd, and I just got em all out for 98 but that's on club so I aint complaining. Yea as soon I bowled the slower ball yorker length, they had no defence. K time to make the AI on the hardest level lol

Last edited:
That's a good post, but I've had to edit it to remove the swearing. I would normally delete it, but I'll let you off as you're new. Please try and avoid it in future.

andrew_nixon said:
That's a good post, but I've had to edit it to remove the swearing. I would normally delete it, but I'll let you off as you're new. Please try and avoid it in future.

You're right, it is a good post.

sidratt said:
*Fielding- Ok, I SERIOUSLY don't understand this... why are people complaining about this so much! I do agree that seeing the wicketkeeper whip the bails off every time is annoying, and so are those overthrows, but even then the fielding section is not that bad! You should understand something straightaway... you WILL at some point or the other drop a catch in a match, whether it be you're not concentrating, or you were taken totally by surprise. Well, dont whine about, just practice practice practice! the best practice comes from throwing the ball back to the keeper; get a feel for how long it takes to stop the cursor at the centre, then the next time a batsman sends a dolly your way, you'll be able to pouch it with ease! Reflex catches in the slip and WK are a bit harder, but once you grab a few, it'll be built into your fingers.

I have a question about the game regarding fielding. If you play in two player mode, is it the same as BLIC 05 where one bowls and the other fields and then it swaps around. This could work make the slip catching system seem easier and the game a lot more fun.

PS: Is two player co-op possible online? As in two people on one computer Vs one person on another computer.

Oops, my bad. Won't happen again! Though to be honest, i just typed four *'s, nothing was behind them... :happy

I have a question about the game regarding fielding. If you play in two player mode, is it the same as BLIC 05 where one bowls and the other fields and then it swaps around. This could work make the slip catching system seem easier and the game a lot more fun.

Yes, it is the same in BLIC 2007. One player bowls and the other fields. Though my partner (we were playing two on two with multitap) had terrible reflexes, so it made the game LESS fun for me :mad:

PS: Is two player co-op possible online? As in two people on one computer Vs one person on another computer.

No idea, mate. PS2 version doesn't allow online play :(

I have all Cricket game.
For me BLC is always the best.
Out run EA Sport cricket any time.

i've said this a million times on other threads but it is really good to help people with the difficulty soo i want to make sure everyone can try it out. i set my field like this to allow them to hit a big score even if you hit a big score.
3rd slip
5th slip
1st leg slip
1st leg gully
square leg
straight fine leg
deep backward point
deep forward mid wicket
and another catching man in side the circle

great thread mate nice to read
really helpful

Good post sidratt. Sorry to put you on the spot now...but.....I only play video games against the cpu/AI.

Is there enough variety of gameplay/challenges/difficulty levels and in game "sliders" to allow for an entertaining couple of hours playing time for a chap who doesn't particularly need to win matches in order to enjoy a game or two of cricket?

Like.......would I enjoy batting AND fielding/bowling with this game?

Users who are viewing this thread