Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What is your hobby?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
What is your hobby?

I suppose the umpiring counts as a paid hobby.

I also collect things surrounding the federation of Australia in 1901. Without getting too technical/history lesson that is when the independent colonies that existed unified to become the country of Australia. I collect mostly ephemera of the events of that.

I also collect cricket balls of personal significance, first game, first senior game, finals etc.

I also like to learn ... Skills? Not quite sure thats the word for it, but like I learnt how to pick locks, learnt how to solve a Rubik's cube etc

Used to play the bagpipes, dont have time anymore but still have them...

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Why did you chose to have Fake Passport as a name?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Why did you chose to have Fake Passport as a name?

Back in the early early days of the www when I used to hang out on Usenet groups I went by the name of 'Tintins Passport'. I kept that name for ages and ages until I reread Tintin and became aware of the argument about the racism etc in the books and Tintin wasn't as clean an image as I like.

So I changed it to Fake passport. Wanted to keep the passport identity, and fake passport was weird enough for me.

Not to say I dont appreciate Tintin or the arguments from both sides about the issue, however it wasn't worth the perception or argument for a nickname.

Looking back, I know why I liked the idea of passport. I tend to gravitate towards objects that are inanimate or basic, but in and of themself have great power. A passport is a bit of paper but allows you access to whole counties. For example I own an original cold war red phone that connected the government to the nuclear missile silos. To everyone else it's a phone, to me the appeal of the power that plain innaminate object held.

So, an overly complicated response to a pretty basic question :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Top 5 films

If could change one rule in cricket what would it be

Like the idea of yellow/red cards given to players by umpires

Ever been on TV, even if for only a second

How did you meet Mrs Passport

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Your favorite Football club?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Top 5 films
Im not a film buff by any stretch, and 5 films have have influenced me would be different to most enjoyed type thing, but top 5 would be something like

1. The Shawshank redemption
2. The Godfather
3. The Shining
4. The Last castle (this is one I stand in disagreement with alot of other people on)
5. The Matrix

Like the idea of yellow/red cards given to players by umpires
People who know exactly what I'm up to need to know this is personal opinion.
The new laws are out, it isn't physical cards as such, theres now 4 Levels of offenses ranging in penalty.
I don't have an issue with umpires having these sorts of powers per se. But to me they have skipped a whole chain in the argument. If you read my questions to Aslabie youll kind of get what I mean but I think there is a huge disconnect between what umpires are trained to do, trained to put up with and trained to communicate, try to not report etc and what the players expect of umpires. I think there are too many umpires who are not up with the laws enough, cant communicate enough and rely on the old 'gentlemans game' and 'the umpire is always right' to get through and I think this is causing issues.

Now, there are things that are obvious. If I take a stump out of the ground and beat an umpire, that's fine, I dont think anyone would disagree about any punishment, however its more nuanced than that and I think basically the culture is going to remain the same. Its a doctrinal shift in the expectation of umpires to do this sort of thing..

I am also aware of one full ICC member country that has received legal advice that asking an umpire to eject a player that has already shown a disposition to violence would likely meet the legal definition of an unsafe workplace.
So, conceptually, Im all for umpires having these sorts of ability in a very general sense, however I think there is work to be done and this assumption umpires need the powers is missing what I think is a major cause of the issue.

Ever been on TV, even if for only a second
Ive umpired matches that have had highlights broadcast if that counts. Else I dont think so.

How did you meet Mrs Passport
Back in our retail days we worked together. She actually asked me out![DOUBLEPOST=1500192614][/DOUBLEPOST]
Your favorite Football club?
I don't really follow any football. I still don't understand soccer or rugby. If I had to pick an AFL team it would be Port Power but I couldn't tell you who they played type thing :)

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Some more

If you could be a dinosaur, which one and why

Can you do origami

Favourite holiday destination

Favourite game as a child

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
If you could be a dinosaur, which one and why

Probably the Apatosaurus, so says a couple of those 'what dinosaur are you' BuzzFeed like quizzes.

Can you do origami

No ... Though not against it

Favourite holiday destination
In terms of where I want to go, Canada. In terms of where I have been and like to go, Blue Mountains in NSW but I'm not particularly well travelled.

Favourite game as a child
The original Super Mario Kart. I still remember the first time I got the near perfect run on ghost valley 1 with Bowser/DK...

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
Favorite musician/band/singer?

Any particular genre of music You like to listen to?

Favourite food to cook, favourite food to eat?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Favorite musician/band/singer?

I'm incredibly inept when it comes to music. I don't actively avoid music, but it's not something I particularly like. I can usually hum along to the top10 cause I hear them enough, but for example I lost a trivia night round because I couldn't answer the name of any Madonna song. Ive never been to a music concert, save Andre Rieu when I piped.

That said, I made an effort to learn The Big Bang song and one week by the same band...

The troll answer is I love Nickelback...

Piping music is a little different. Favourite band would be Simon Fraser University those guys are amazing.

Favourite food to cook, favourite food to eat?
Indian on both counts :)

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Are you a batsmen or a bowler or an AR. How well do you rate yourself? Do you still play as a cricketer?

Do you get angry quickly?

Do you like traveling?

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
If could change one rule in cricket what would it be

Sorry, forgot this.
If you mean the ability to change one rule and allow tweaks to get it working properly, then I would remove the lbw requirements of pitching and striking inline. If you don't hit it, it hits your pads and it would have hit the stumps then it should be out.

The other one is I would remove the front foot noball law and revert back to the old back foot rule. It would save alot of quicks from injury and life better for umpires.

Users who are viewing this thread