Friendlies leading to the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
sid_19840 said:
Iran have made a claim yesterday that they can progress past the group stages by beating Bosnia-Herzegovina 5-2.Good news for all the Group B teams(except T&T) is that T&T lost to Slovenia 1-3.

And the great thing was Iran was once 0-2 down.

Also South Korea struggled against Norway, but held on for a 0-0 draw.

And the Netherlands won with 2-1 after being 0-1 down against Mexico.

Hariz

International Cricketer
Germany finishes the last friendly, beating Columbia 3-0. Once again Schweinsteiger was the man, who stood out alongside Ballack.
Ukraine force Italy to a 0-0 draw without Shevchenko........
Sweden and Chile draw 1-1, with Larsson scoring for Sweden.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
In another friendly the Roos have dished out some major punishmenet. Kewell scored two goals and created two others in Australia's comfortable 8-1 victory over VV Kloetinge. Its good to know our side can score the goals. Now for the big test against the Dutch.

sid_19840

International Coach
aussie1st said:
In another friendly the Roos have dished out some major punishmenet. Kewell scored two goals and created two others in Australia's comfortable 8-1 victory over VV Kloetinge.

Who is this Kloe team?? Btw is your orignal goalie playing these games,i.e has he recovered from that cheek bone injury he suffered at Boro.

Looking forward to the England-Jamaica game,for once I can see it live as ESPN are showing it at 6pm today(IST).

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
VV Kloetinge is probably a Dutch club side. I myself have never heard of it either.

Tomorrow is the match of the Netherlands against Australia. Kewell isn't expected to play from what I read.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If anybody had watched the Beckhams' World Cup Party show they would understand why Peter Crouch performed that particular goal celebration.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
sid_19840 said:
Who is this Kloe team?? Btw is your orignal goalie playing these games,i.e has he recovered from that cheek bone injury he suffered at Boro.

Looking forward to the England-Jamaica game,for once I can see it live as ESPN are showing it at 6pm today(IST).

Some amatuer dutch side.
Mark is back but hes been keep on the bench by our current keeper.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
SkateBoarder said:
If anybody had watched the Beckhams' World Cup Party show they would understand why Peter Crouch performed that particular goal celebration.
Anyone who watched the Beckhams world cup party show is seriously sad :p Obviously you did, so spill the beans

usy

Chairman of Selectors
RabbleRouser said:
Massive 6-0 win for England. The legend that is Peter Crouch got a hat-trick, Owen looking good aswell
and what team were England playing :rolleyes:... :D.

sid_19840

International Coach
Was a good performance never the less against Jamaica.I liked Sven's comments before and after the game,he seemed relaxed and is quitely optimistic.Good performance by Crouch,his third goal was the best,a really good linkup between the strikers.The only worries now are the inhjuries to Terry and Ashley Cole and penalties ofcourse.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
So anyone else writing of the mighty Socceroos now :) They just held a full strength Dutch team to a draw with only 10 men. Simply brillant effort by the Roos especially by Mark Schwarzer. Geez that guy must be up there with the best keepers going around.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Good to see Australia drawing with the Netherlands. During the process they injured three Dutch players. Also the ball possession 63% - 37% tells the story. If the Netherlands turned the chances into goals early on, this result would never stand. And the goal after the missed penalty was pretty funny to see.

And yeah, Australia should be glad with Schwarzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread