Game Keeps Freezing (Help Needed!)

Chrisallstar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi, I'm new to these forums and new to cricket 2002 on PC.

I previously owned the PS2 version of Cricket 2002 but got rid of it because the game seemed to be so unstable. (It kept freezing up 70% of the time whenever i did an Autoplay.

I thought the PC version would be more stable cos any bugs could be fixed with a patch. However this bug is still present on the PC version, whenever i try and autoplay the game freezes and locks up. This results in me having to reboot my system. I am usually using a created/edited team, is this a reason why this happens?

If anybody has got any information on how to solve this problem i would be very greatful?
Also is there a way to exit the game and return to desktop without rebooting the system?

Thanks.

There is a way.Press sleep on your keyboard and wait for it to standby,then move your mouse and get back onto your desktop,there you be able to close the game.The same thing happened to me but it went for some reason.Try re-installing.

Hi,
It seems this problem is occuring so frequently because you are using edited team .ctm files. I would suggest an editor that would make changes to the teams.tem file, see if that helps.

On the other thing of quitting the game without having to reboot windows you can try out Auwais's suggestion, or try hitting 'ctrl+escape" to get back to the desktop from where you can close the game and if all else fails you can try out the ever reliable "ctrl+alt+del" close program window. Note that all of this needs keyboard functionality to work, so if your keyboard is not responding after Windows freezes then you have no other option than to reboot.

-Ritwik

I never knew that games locked up on a PS2.

I've never owned a console but I always thought
this only happened on a computer.

Can someone fill me in on this?

Users who are viewing this thread