Gamepad problems

Tell

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am using Windows XP and a Nostramo 45 gamepad, and Cricket 2004 wont pick it up in the controllers. It is in the controllers in XP but not in the game. I have downloaded the latest drivers, and tried disabling the profile manager but nothing works. Can someone let me know if they have working gamepads with XP and Cricket, and/or how to get mine happening?
Cheers

Last edited:
Have the same issue with a Saitek P2500. I had the USB controllers working fine one day, I come home from work, fire up the game it doesnt recognise the controller! I'm using Server 2003. I just can't make out why the controller worked for a day then stopped! Has me baffled.

Last edited:
I use my thrustmaster, it works fine, and my mate has a PS2 controller plugged in as well so we can play eachother and everything works fine.

Finally fixed the problem. Seems that if you have a joystick, if you plug that in it will see the game pad, damn odd really. Stupid EA games

I need to unplug every other controller to get my gravis pad to work with this game.

OK back to square one. Can't get my damn control pad to work with this game. Its been uninstalled and will sit there until a patch comes out! I hope EA get off their assess and make a patch to correct these problems with controllers! The game can't see my joystick or p2500 Saitek. Yet on my dad's system the controllers are recognised fine. Strange really. The controllers work fine with all other games before you start screaming!

Thanks all. In the end I had to get rid of the nostramo and went to a Microsoft Sidewinder Pro. Works OK except there is no button that works the Esc function so if I want to change my field or anything I have to use the keyboards Esc key. I have contacted EA on several occasions re other problems.. They haven't responded re a patch though:-{

PS2 How?

Goobz,

I got the PS2 controller and the adapter but can't get it to work any help appreciated

Ive got the PS2 controller and adapter and it is working fine. I take it you can calibrate and test the controller in Windows under gaming devices outside of the game? If you can it should be working. When you choose a game are you offered the gamepad and keyboard as controller options when you select a team? In options did you switch controllers from keyboard to PS2 controller in the mapping section?

Thanks for the reply but I'm getting nothing. It won't let me remap to a game pad and it won't let me select a game pad instead of keyboard. Works fine when tested in windows.

Flummoxed!!

Strange. Have you got any other devices attached - like a joystick? I've found that sometimes Windows excludes devices in games if there is more than one attached?

Users who are viewing this thread