Gameplay Modifier sliders reverting to default behavior

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok folks, found a bug with the sliders and posting it in a separate thread so people can view it and it doesn't get lost in the bugs thread (though will add it there as well). Generally I play casual matches on Custom difficulty and thought I had found my preferred settings. But I kept getting inconsistent results while batting. In some matches the batting experience felt just about right and what I expected based on my prior fiddling with the experience. But in some cases I found the batting seemed much easier. I thought it was due to different pitch conditions as I select "Random" as pitch type and other conditions and didn't think much about it.

Earlier today I played a match where the ball marker suddenly started showing up later than what I have set it to be. So I checked the slider settings and it showed me the value I had set (40). I was a bit confused and moved the slider up to 45 and resumed the match. Now the ball marker appeared way too early to when I wanted it to appear. I went back into settings (Gameplay Modifier) and changed the slider back to 40. Now when I resumed the match it was perfect. Looks like the game had set the slider value to default but it didn't reflect on the slider value in settings. Then I thought that the same problem might be with other sliders as well so I went back into settings and bumped up all the gameplay modifier slider by 1, changed it to the original value I and then saved the settings. When I resumed the game sure enough it was a different experience. The ball bounced more and batting seemed a bit harder.

I did some more experimentation and found that generally the sliders start acting like default values when you start a new match or when you resume a saved match. At least that was my experience. And you can't get them to work the way you want by simply changing one slider/modifier value and back and save. You have to go over every slider/modifier you have changed from default, change it, revert it to what you want and then save the changes when asked to do so. The best way to ensure the sliders are taking affect and the game is how you intend to play is by changing & reverting the sliders everytime you start a match or resume one. @MattW would be great if Big Ant can look into it.

kulch

Club Captain
Good post. Have you tried testing that maybe if you change sliders mid game via the pause menu they dont save for the next match but if you do via the main menu its for all matches going forward. Just a thought

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@cricket_online Yes i too have noticed this while playing a test match. After i save and exit close it down then come back later in the day after playing something else, the sliders are still in the same place but not playing as it should be. Then re-add the sliders again and it works again. A few others in the Test Match Sliders thread have also experienced this.

@wealey88 ? @kasabian21 ?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok folks, found a bug with the sliders and posting it in a separate thread so people can view it and it doesn't get lost in the bugs thread (though will add it there as well). Generally I play casual matches on Custom difficulty and thought I had found my preferred settings. But I kept getting inconsistent results while batting. In some matches the batting experience felt just about right and what I expected based on my prior fiddling with the experience. But in some cases I found the batting seemed much easier. I thought it was due to different pitch conditions as I select "Random" as pitch type and other conditions and didn't think much about it.

Earlier today I played a match where the ball marker suddenly started showing up later than what I have set it to be. So I checked the slider settings and it showed me the value I had set (40). I was a bit confused and moved the slider up to 45 and resumed the match. Now the ball marker appeared way too early to when I wanted it to appear. I went back into settings (Gameplay Modifier) and changed the slider back to 40. Now when I resumed the match it was perfect. Looks like the game had set the slider value to default but it didn't reflect on the slider value in settings. Then I thought that the same problem might be with other sliders as well so I went back into settings and bumped up all the gameplay modifier slider by 1, changed it to the original value I and then saved the settings. When I resumed the game sure enough it was a different experience. The ball bounced more and batting seemed a bit harder.

I did some more experimentation and found that generally the sliders start acting like default values when you start a new match or when you resume a saved match. At least that was my experience. And you can't get them to work the way you want by simply changing one slider/modifier value and back and save. You have to go over every slider/modifier you have changed from default, change it, revert it to what you want and then save the changes when asked to do so. The best way to ensure the sliders are taking affect and the game is how you intend to play is by changing & reverting the sliders everytime you start a match or resume one. @MattW would be great if Big Ant can look into it.

Yup I mentioned it in the other thread it happens when you re load on occasions! Annoying!!

kasabian21

International Coach
@Dridge118 Yeah it resets, but only takes a second or two to sort as you only need to change one to ensure they all come back. I think.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Good post. Have you tried testing that maybe if you change sliders mid game via the pause menu they dont save for the next match but if you do via the main menu its for all matches going forward. Just a thought

I have tried changing sliders mid-match and they get saved even after the match's over. E.g., I changed "Ball Marker" from 40 to 35 mid game and when I checked the settings from the main menu (after the match was over) it still showed 35. But somehow when you start a new match or resume an old one the sliders behave as if they're on default even though they show the updated values. Now I change and revert the sliders to what i want as soon as I start playing a new match or resume an old one to make sure I'm playing with the sliders I want.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@Dridge118 Yeah it resets, but only takes a second or two to sort as you only need to change one to ensure they all come back. I think.

No, I can confirm changing and reverting one doesn't change others - only the ones that are tweaked/reverted are the ones which take affect. As I mentioned in OP I changed the ball marker one and continued playing. I got a different match experience to what I expected and just to make sure I tweaked and reset all the other sliders to what I wanted and had a different gameplay experience.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
In my case i make pace slow ball to 100 and guess what i got after couple of matches that the fastest ball speed reached to 170kmh where as i never touch the pace fast ball slider. I dont know its bug or normal :)

Also friction sliders are no more working and showing same result irrespective of value at default,0 or 100.

And finally i made default all sliders, you are lucky that your gameplay sliders are working to your expectations.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
In my case i make pace slow ball to 100 and guess what i got after couple of matches that the fastest ball speed reached to 170kmh where as i never touch the pace fast ball slider. I dont know its bug or normal :)

Also friction sliders are no more working and showing same result irrespective of value at default,0 or 100.

And finally i made default all sliders, you are lucky that your gameplay sliders are working to your expectations.

I think if you put the Min Pace Speed right up it will cancel out the max speed slider as you're over the max speed... i.e the slowest you can bowl is 100 on the slider regardless of the MAX slider. Really you should have it like:
Min Pace Speed 60
Max Pace 80

So theres a progression in speed.

With min at 100 it will only ever be bowled at one speed.

So i don't think its a bug your experiencing :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I think if you put the Min Pace Speed right up it will cancel out the max speed slider as you're over the max speed... i.e the slowest you can bowl is 100 on the slider regardless of the MAX slider. Really you should have it like:
Min Pace Speed 60
Max Pace 80

So theres a progression in speed.

With min at 100 it will only ever be bowled at one speed.

So i don't think its a bug your experiencing :)

Do you know what "Min Pace Speed" does? I can't figure it out. "Max Pace Speed" impacts how fast the pacers can bowl but the min pace speed one doesn't seem to have an impact. Same with "Ball Friction" slider. Have tweaked it to 0, 50 and 100 but didn't see any difference in the gameplay. I thought it impacted the outfield speed but not so as haven't seen outfield speed/friction change.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
Perhaps minimum pace speed influences the speed for lower ability bowlers? Seemed to me to have some impact. I'd imagine the difference between min and max determines how much variation there is between good and bad pace bowlers.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
Perhaps minimum pace speed influences the speed for lower ability bowlers? Seemed to me to have some impact. I'd imagine the difference between min and max determines how much variation there is between good and bad pace bowlers.

For example i use

Min 60
Max 80

the slowest i can bowl with a fast bowler is 100mph
the fasted is about 128mph

If you get me

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I will try today and share my experience. Can you also tell the both friction sliders settings.

Anyways for min or max pace bowling earlier sliders work perfectly like at min 100 the fast bowler slowest ball was 102kmh etc and at max 100, fast bowler fastest ball was 180kmh but unfortunately that work for 2 games. After that i made max default and min 100 and then fast bowler slowest was 119 or 123kmh where as fastest ball keep stuck at 170kmh plus

param_47470

School Cricketer

Yes, I agree with you as it also happening in other slider but it is quite annoying when you play online matches and you cant change it. @MattW please have a look at it

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread