General Cricket Discussion

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
As mentioned in the new rules, this thread is for those minor articles which don't deserve a thread but still are worth discussing. This thread is not just for posting articles, other cricket related topic can go in here provided they don't warrant a new thread. So essentially this is similar to the Random Thoughts thread in General Chat.

Note if you have any Cricket questions, use http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/cricket-discussion/cricketing-queries-64075.html.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Think it would be very dumb to make them a test-case/example for guerilla advertising. Shows a certain sense-of-humour failure.

Manly

Thor
I thought cricket was all about the banter. To punish them would be churlish.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Plus this image seriously brightened up my day when I was a teenage:

_341052_gail_porter_parly300.jpg

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
If they tried the legal action I'm sure they wouldn't get anywhere. The fine is fair enough but that is all that deserves.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is a bigger picture of that:

Week in pictures: 23-29 October 2010
BBC News - Week in pictures: 23-29 October 2010

Since this picture is a bit bigger I saw there was a website written underneath the faces of Ponting and Clarke: bringontheashes.com

That link leads to this page: Bring It On

Check out who sends a message towards Australia in the videolink.

Beneath the page you can see various pictures of the Australian cricketers with holding a banner.

00003992-photo.jpg

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Here is a guestbook. You can leave a message in there. And here is the reason to leave a message:

'A selection of these inspiring messages will feature in the Australian dressing room ahead of the first Vodafone Ashes Series Test in Brisbane.'

Vodafone Ashes Series Guest Book
Ashes Guestbook

Sureshot

Executive member
What's the link with the first bit got to do? I'm not seeing the relevance of it in the thread.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
You will see several such things happen, especially if NZ gets whitewashed by India in tests and ODIs too.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Bangladesh Central Contracts

I didn't know where to put it so I put it here.
Mohammad Ashraful handed top-level central contract | Bangladesh Cricket News | Cricinfo.com
From Cricinfo:
Grade A+ Masrafe Bin Mortaza, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Abdur Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal

Grade A Shahadat Hossain, Junaid Siddique, Mahmudullah

Grade B Syed Rasel, Raqibul Hasan, Nazmul Hossain, Naeem Islam, Imrul Kayes, Rubel Hossain

Grade C Shafiul Islam

Rookie Grade Jahurul Islam, Mohammad Sohrawordi

I can't believe Ashraful and Razzak get a grade A+ contract and Shahadat getting a grade A contract. Why did Shafiul get a C grade contract? He should have got an A.
And Alok Kapali and Nafees not even getting contracts?! Thats just bs

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Kapali hasn't played for a long time.

Surprised about Ashraful being so high and Shaiful being so low tho. And Nafees should have gotten a contract. And I'm guessing Mohammed Sohrwadi is Shuvo.

Razzak is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread