• Dhoni

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Agent 47

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither, gilchrist is attacking and dynamic player while dhoni is a streetsmart and a thinking player. Both these players have their own gamestyle and techniques in which you cant compare them. :)

Gilly's way ahead. Dhoni would have to improve a lot in the test arena to come close.

On thing i need to tell you guys, when I say a better player, I really mean a better player , not batsman. Batting, bowling, fielding, captaincy, keeping- everything included. So, as a player Dhoni can't be way behing Gili, can he?

Definitely Gilchrist, His batting was superb, possibly the best keeper with the bat of all time. He could destroy attacks and demoralized bowlers. His keeping was also brilliant, the catches he took could have often gone to first slip and any keeper that can keep tidily to Warne is a great keeper.

Dhoni as a batsman is not in the same class. he has played the odd good innings and is a good batsman but could never take it to an attack like Gilchrist did on a regular basis. As a keeper to spin he is just as good as Gilchrist but he doesn't have the consistency or the remarkable ability had to the quickies.

Both very good player but Gilchrist wins comfortably.

Wrong forum. This should be in Humour & Jokes. :D

On a serious note, you can't put Dhoni even close to Gilly right now. We can compare them only when Dhoni is in his 30s.

Dhoni has about 7-8 years to go before we can compare him to Gilly. Gilly has accomplishments across the board and did that for a long time.

Is this a Joke? Offcourse Gilchrist. He is miles ahead of Dhoni. Bats Better than Dhoni and well keeping comparison beteen Gilly & Dhoni should be left alone as it would only embarrass dhoni. If you say Gili vs Andy Flower, that would be some kinda contest,though Gilli would have won.

Is this a Joke? Offcourse Gilchrist. He is miles ahead of Dhoni. Bats Better than Dhoni and well keeping comparison beteen Gilly & Dhoni should be left alone as it would only embarrass dhoni. If you say Gili vs Andy Flower, that would be some kinda contest,though Gilli would have won.

Gilly would have won at keeping but Flower was probably a better batsman.

Dhoni is better than Gilly in ODIs and perhaps T20s.

Gilchrist is way way ahead of Dhoni in test matches that it not funny.

Since I give more weightage to Test cricket, It is Gilly.

Gilchrist's keeping was under a lot of scrutiny through his career, but at his peak he was a top quality keeper with or without his batting prowess. A fair few of the guys going around right now have yet to prove that.

This has to be a joke. No contest.
... Dhoni?
confused.gif

Gilly Fan added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

Dhoni is better than Gilly in ODIs and perhaps T20s.

Gilchrist is way way ahead of Dhoni in test matches that it not funny.

Since I give more weightage to Test cricket, It is Gilly.
What?

Gilly is the greatest One Day player Australia has ever produced (According to the players). He beats Dhoni hands down. 16 centuries, 55 half centuries. Got Australia off to a flying start in the majority of the matches they played. He beats Dhoni in all forms.

Doesnt comparing Dhoni to a already fully accomplished cricketer tell us something. I mean why compare him to start of with if we just rubbish any opponent compared to Gilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread