• Dhoni

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Agent 47

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or sink them, to me he used to be those batsmen who guaranteed to get 30 odd but after that anything could happen.

Michael vaughn once told, in test cricket every team is happy when they get rid of top 6 batsmen, but against Australia no 7 is a the world most dangerous batsmen, that is Adam Gillchrist. This man can change the game single handedly.

Gilchrist is in an absolute Different Class and there is no way that Dhoni comes close in any form of cricketing ability, Cant believe someone said Dhoni is a better one day player, gotta be top 5 stupidest things said on here :rolleyes:

I really want to see those 4 names who voted Dhoni

I don't know how people are judging Gilly captaincy seeing he hardly did it. But he has done what very few captains in the history of the game have done and that is win a Test series in India.

As for the question Gilly right now. His keeping was underrated, he took some awesome catches and because of his height he was able to get to balls that shorter keepers would have let through. Towards the end of his career he started dropping some but that is to be expected. His batting was not only explosive but also he had the ability to rescue Australia from a bad position.
He captained Australia 6 times in tests, and only lost once. That was in 01 when he set England a total of over 300 on the final day.

And in 17 ODIs he only lost 4 times.

But yeah, I think it is unfair to compare them on their captaincy. But if you are, there is no way you can say Dhoni was a better captain.

Gilly is more popular and he is better keeper! not a good skipper

while Dhoni is a good leader, and a good keeper too!

Gilly is my favorite cricketer so i vote for Gilly

Gilly is more popular and he is better keeper! not a good skipper

while Dhoni is a good leader, and a good keeper too!

Gilly is my favorite cricketer so i vote for Gilly

How do you know that he isn't a good skipper? He captained Australia to their first series win in India in over 35 years, and has a great record. It's ludicrous to say he is not a good captain.

How can we say Dhoni is a bad skipper then?:rolleyes:

Where did I have a go at Dhoni's captaincy? I'm just saying you can't really say that Gilchrist was a bad captain when he has a record like he does. And you can't really judge the two when Gilchrist hasn't captained for long.

But if you are, there is no way you can say Dhoni was a better captain.

How is he not at least same or better then Gilchrist at captaincy. He literally won every series he captained in from T20/20 world cup to ODI series in Australia as well as test series against Australia.

How is he not at least same or better then Gilchrist at captaincy. He literally won every series he captained in from T20/20 world cup to ODI series in Australia as well as test series against Australia.

You can't say Dhoni was a better captain because Gilchrist did not have the same time as captain than Dhoni did. It's quite unfair.

Well you cant say he was better then Dhoni either! I see no point in this thread, some things must not be looked while other things are to be boasted about.

Well you cant say he was better then Dhoni either! I see no point in this thread, some things must not be looked while other things are to be boasted about.

Nobody in here said that Gilly is a better captain than Dhoni. It cant be said because Gilly never led a side for as long as Dhoni. I'm not sure if Gilly ever led Australia for a entire Test series. But because we don't know how good Gilly would have been as a captain than we cant say that Dhoni is better.

But as a batsman Gilly is probably better, in 5 or so years it would be good to compare the 2 as batsman.

Nobody in here said that Gilly is a better captain than Dhoni. It cant be said because Gilly never led a side for as long as Dhoni. I'm not sure if Gilly ever led Australia for a entire Test series. But because we don't know how good Gilly would have been as a captain than we cant say that Dhoni is better.

But as a batsman Gilly is probably better, in 5 or so years it would be good to compare the 2 as batsman.

The longest Gilchrist ever led Australia for 3 tests in a 4 test series, but by then they were already winning 2-0 and the final test was a dead rubber. It was Australia's first series win in India in over 35 years. I guess it counts as a whole series.

I think a Dhoni/Haddin comparison would be better.

Dhoni at his current rate would not come close as a batsman. He is probably lucky Gilchrist was ushered into the Aussie Test side too late imo.

stereotype added 4 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

just an example.

Dhoni has played 35 tests and in that time has scored 1 century and bats at an average of 36.

Gilchrist after 35 tests had already 6 centuries to his name including his double century and was batting at an average of 59.

I dont know about you but i see a massive gulf between the two players in test batting alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread