• Dhoni

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Agent 47

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing guys, why are you judging these two players only by their batting skills? I never mentioned the word "batsman" for once in my post. I said "player". Judge them by their overall abilities. Gilchrist is inarguably the best keeper Australia have ever produced, whereas MSD is arguably India's all-time best skipper.

sorry, come again?

How can Dhoni average less than Gilchrist when he has scored more runs in fewer innings than Gilchrist after 125 ODIs?

And to suggest that you'd pick McCullum over Dhoni in ODIs is ridiculous.

No it's not. I'm a huge McCullum fan. I'm not basing that on statistics, I'm basing it on being a massive fan of the way McCullum bats, and the way he terrorises bowling attacks. He's really impressed me in the last year, and if he can find some consistency he'll be a class player. I'd take him over MS in all forms of the game.

Also, LOL at MSD already being touted as India's greatest ever skipper. How many Tests has he been captain again?

Good description of yourselves.

I'm not Australian Im English so I'm hardly simply saying Gilly becuase he plays for my nation infact I grudgingly admit that hes easily better than any English keeper I can remember.

No it's not. I'm a huge McCullum fan. I'm not basing that on statistics, I'm basing it on being a massive fan of the way McCullum bats, and the way he terrorises bowling attacks. He's really impressed me in the last year, and if he can find some consistency he'll be a class player. I'd take him over MS in all forms of the game.

Also, LOL at MSD already being touted as India's greatest ever skipper. How many Tests has he been captain again?
Haha yet us Indian fans are touted to be blind of fact.

Precambrian added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

I'm not Australian Im English so I'm hardly simply saying Gilly becuase he plays for my nation infact I grudgingly admit that hes easily better than any English keeper I can remember.
Oh yes, let me clarify this for one and last time.

Gilchrist = The best test wicketkeeper batsman EVER.

Dhoni is better than Gilly in ODIs and ODIs ALONE.

I value test performances more, so Gilly is better than Dhoni overall.

Precambrian added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

lol one of the best Batsman???

wow.
:rolleyes: Go check the ICC ODI ratings.

Go check my posts, I said that list was shitty. I never said ICC was anti-Indian.

Haha yet us Indian fans are touted to be blind of fact.

I'm not blind of the facts, I know Dhoni's a better ODi batsman than McCullum, but if I was picking an ODi XI I'd want McCullum in there opening the batting with Chris Gayle. McCullum's keeping's also better than Dhoni's, he's probably one of the best keepers in the world, a few of his catches in New Zealand's games against England were stunning. He's a great keeper. Dhoni's got the better ODi record though, I'm not doubting that. I just love watching McCullum bat, and he's an incredibly cool dude, so I'd want him in my team :D.

You can't say Dhoni was a better captain because Gilchrist did not have the same time as captain than Dhoni did. It's quite unfair.

Yes right Gilly needed more chances as a captain to show off his ability. i agree
BUT we cant do anything now nor we have a Prediction computer nor we can have Gilly back in side :( :rolleyes:

I'm not blind of the facts, I know Dhoni's a better ODi batsman than McCullum, but if I was picking an ODi XI I'd want McCullum in there opening the batting with Chris Gayle. McCullum's keeping's also better than Dhoni's, he's probably one of the best keepers in the world, a few of his catches in New Zealand's games against England were stunning. He's a great keeper. Dhoni's got the better ODi record though, I'm not doubting that. I just love watching McCullum bat, and he's an incredibly cool dude, so I'd want him in my team :D.

I swear, Mahi's such an underrated keeper, hardly ever makes mistakes, makes some brilliant catches and stumpings to the spinners, he's just not as spectacular when catching off the faster bowlers, but even then he is pretty damn good.

Also, in terms of cool, the only person that is cooler than MS is Gayle in World cricket, today.

Where did I have a go at Dhoni's captaincy? I'm just saying you can't really say that Gilchrist was a bad captain when he has a record like he does. And you can't really judge the two when Gilchrist hasn't captained for long.

obviusly you took it the wrong way, and took it in more then others would, as you a "Gilly_Fan"

but what i meant by saying bad skipper COMPARE to Dhoni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread