Got a 100 off 22 balls yesterday on medium level in crkt 2005 on PS2 !!!

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Got a half century in 11 balls and a 100 off 22 balls (14 6s and 4 4s) in cricket 2005 at medium level on PS2. Was playing as India aginst Eng in a odi. While chasing 273 to win, opened with Mongia and got there in 23 overs or so with Mongia scoring the 22 ball 100. Here's what I did...

I took stance on the middle (sometimes my leg stump was showing) and pressed <- (right or -> for a right hander), 'O' and 'L1' for any ball pitched full or at medium length. When you take a stance on the middle and off, the computer (or AI) will try to ball a lot of fuller or yorker length deliveries and they can be dispatched easily. If you time the shot right, you should get a 6 everytime. In fact most of my shots went outside the stadium.

But don't try 6-hits everytime as after sometime you lose the sense of timing and you tend to get caught out a lot. In my 2nd match against SA, I was 100 odd for 1 in 8 overs and got all out for 160 odd as I kept trying for 6s and somehow lost the sense of timing.

Now I can easily score 300 as you can easily score 4-5 singles in an over and once 3-4 overs go for a 6-hit. I have seen that there are less chances of mistiming a shot or messing up your timing if you try the 6-hit occasionally.

1. No screenshot, No proof
2. has to be on hard to count
3. Dont waste your/and others time reading records that lead nowere

hey alfa, good record. try taking digi camera pics and post them. then you wont get people saying that they dont believe you.

langerrox said:
1. No screenshot, No proof
2. has to be on hard to count
3. Dont waste your/and others time reading records that lead nowere

Sorry Langerrox but the fact is that it can be on medium mode aslong as you have proof and put it in the records forum. There is nothing wrong with records on easy or medium mode, there are individual threads in each mode. Note for any future record attempts... Please post it in the records forum and have multiple images for proof.

Oops, i thought he posted it in the records forum??

Don't really care whether ppl believe it or not... after all I'm not gonna get a trophy or something :)

Just posted it so that ppl who have trouble scoring quickly in odis can try this technique as I was in the same boat till 2-3 days back - in fact u can view plenty of posts from me asking for help.

Got this tip about playing 'Advance down the wicket' shot on the leg side a few days back from one of the forums and tweaked it a bit by moving across the stumps and flaying everything down the leg side... and it really works!

You wont get a trophy, but you would have got a cool record holder thing under your name like me :p

ok... where's the record thread by the way? Can you post a link for the record threads so that I can view what are the current records.

Users who are viewing this thread