Government bans tricolour on Indian Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its a foolish thing to say that the players cannot have the tricolor on their caps or shirts...in my view if the govt really wants to stop the disrespect of the tricolor they should keep a check on those crazy fans who take a tricolor to the stadium and in their cricket frenzy stamp on it, tear it, and do every disrespectful thing with it and in the end discard it in the stadium(i have a couple of such torn flags with me - can't see the national flag lying in on the ground. can we?)...

anybody remember the last time an Indian cricketer showed disrespect to the tricolor??? crazy old buffoons running both the govt and the BCCI...

maybe becoz no other team wears its flag on its kit.
but no doubt this is stupid.

As for what kits India would wear now-they can't wear the flag but they can wear the countries coulours-Blue White and Orange(And Green? That would look ugly.....), with the chakkra as a logo for the BCCI?

I don't see how that can stop anyone. The Indian Govt. doesn't have any control on the colors as such. Just paint orange,white and green. ( orange instead of saffron which is the official color. ) Throw in a blue wheel somewhere and you're set.
That would do it. No one has a patent of control on the colors.

On the lighter side of things someone will now have a chance to make new India ODI kit for Cricket 2004 :)

ohhhhh I get...
man our gov is smarter then we thought they r...
u see every nation has their national symbol on their kit...right
so the idea is the only team with any symbol is India
so by not having their national flag or symbol they represent everyone in general...
u know like a public team...
j/k

This is quite a dumb move from the Indian government. And why come up with something like this if there are so many more important things to discuss in the country? I think all the fans should unite by wearing the current India kits to all the matches. And if they don't own one they should buy one. Imagine--buying Indian kits on the black market. Oooh...it's illegal.

sohummisra said:
This is quite a dumb move from the Indian government. And why come up with something like this if there are so many more important things to discuss in the country? I think all the fans should unite by wearing the current India kits to all the matches. And if they don't own one they should buy one. Imagine--buying Indian kits on the black market. Oooh...it's illegal.

I agree. This is just so silly on part of the government. I guess, the Indian government has caused a problem too many for the cricket team, the cricketers as well as the fans.

The Indian government
1)stopped bilateral ties between India and Pakistan due to political reasons.
2)does not allow India to play matches in non-test playing venues. (i.e sharjah, singapore, toronto, morocco, etc.)
3)now have not allowed the indian team to sport the tricolors on their kit.

I guess someone must ban the government from banning things.

Another sad day for cricket, I guess. :(

Another sad day for cricket, I guess.

Not only cricket. All Indian sports. There was a report on espnstar.com about how Karthikeyan (the new Indian F-1 driver) has been banned from having the flag on his helmet. He is bemused as he chose to display his patriotism by wearing the flag on his helmet but now he can just sell it for advertising space and make money.

Meanwhile the sports minister...err Sports & Youth Minister, Sunil Dutt, claims that he can do nothing because the law is like that. One feels for him--he really has no job being a sports minister seeing that he has almost no connection with sport. All he seems to be doing is showing his face at national sports meets and complaining once in a while when Indian athletes are discriminated by their own country's boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread