Greatest Australian One Day Side

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This was chosen a while ago but I would still like to see others opinions.. I dont think Simon Davis deserved to be there (Yes i have seen him bowl before you jump on me) I originally thought Craig McDermott should of had his spot but then I realised I had more Australian Selector in my than I thought... How could you overlook Nathan Bracken

Anyways here is my XI

Adam Gilchrist (WK) - Keeper.. Destroyer... That knock in the World Cup final will forever live in my memory, he should of got a squash ball contract after it

Matthew Hayden - Retired today... but still was incredible to watch, I remember his 181 and he WAS the reason we won the 2007 world cup

Ricky Ponting - Cant argue with numbers, although I wouldnt have him as captain

Mark Waugh - Consider him Jonty Rhodes with batting talent, even when he failed with the blade he made up with it in the field

Dean Jones - Was Michael Bevan before there was Michael Bevan, so quick between the wickets it was incredible

Steve Waugh - Wouldnt be my captain but The Ice Man, whatever situation he can handle the pressure and if he failed there was always...

Michael Bevan - The ultimate finisher, shown by the amount of not outs in his career, that partnership with McGrath was hilarous

Shane Warne (c) - My captain, we saw what he did in the IPL but he did is before in a few ODI when he was captain. Could change a match quicker than you can say boo

Nathan Bracken - Most underrated player in the world, can close the innings, can open, can bowl in the middle and can take wickets in all 3 situations

Dennis Lillee - The toughest most intimiadating cricketer ever to play for Australia, can also be useful with Aluminium bat in hand lol

Glenn McGrath - No reason needed... If your even considered to be better than Lillee your good enough for this team

Despite the fact i dont think Lillee would play in a team with someone having Brackens hair cut I think this would be the best one day side that Australia could ever put forward

Last edited:
No Jeff Thomson?

I'd put Lillee and McGrath to share the new ball, with Thomson one change.
Then you have Shane Warne (captain really?) Interesting choice for captaincy, but I it could work pretty well.

Last edited:
55 ODI wickets at 35 runs each? Need I say more

I take it you havent seen Waugh bowl at the death? He is incredible, with the strike power from 1-5 you dont need another blaster at 6

By the time the OD games came around he was injured and bowling nearly as deadly as he was back in the day, as I said McDermott would have been my next choice anyway and then maybe Brett Lee

Users who are viewing this thread