Group B thread (England, Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, Sweden)

The Swedish attack is in better form atm, but they fail to score after combining some good passes. The Midfield of England is superb and that could be the difference today, lets see who faces Germany in the next round.

1-1 :eek::eek: damn it im not watching the match oh damnnn cmon England do something fast!!! :mad

Gerrard scores!!! 2-1 to England. England will top the group anyway and Sweden go through.

Another goal, Larsson ties the game at the very death. 2-2 now. What a match.

Well positives first:
- no suspensions
- we topped the group
- Owen Hargreaves
- Joe Cole's goal!

Negatives:
- Owen's injury leaves us with three strikers as follows: one not properly match-fit, one totally useless, one whom the coach isn't prepared to play
- defending set pieces! Omg!
- never looked like scoring in the second half. Goal was first and only shot on goal?
- Sweden could very easily have gone 2-1 up or more; woodwork twice and a clearance off the line
- Rio Ferdinand injured; Sol Campbell still doesn't look match fit

Overall, I'm slightly encouraged by the idea of playing 4-5-1 with Rooney up front and Hargreaves in the middle. It seems to release Gerrard and Lampard more as attackers and seeing as the two of them outscored all our strikers put together in the premiership last season that can only be good.
Still sticking with a win in the last 16 and defeat to Holland/Portugal.

barmyarmy said:
Well positives first:
- no suspensions
- we topped the group
- Owen Hargreaves
- Joe Cole's goal!

Negatives:
- Owen's injury leaves us with three strikers as follows: one not properly match-fit, one totally useless, one whom the coach isn't prepared to play
- defending set pieces! Omg!
- never looked like scoring in the second half. Goal was first and only shot on goal?
- Sweden could very easily have gone 2-1 up or more; woodwork twice and a clearance off the line
- Rio Ferdinand injured; Sol Campbell still doesn't look match fit

Overall, I'm slightly encouraged by the idea of playing 4-5-1 with Rooney up front and Hargreaves in the middle. It seems to release Gerrard and Lampard more as attackers and seeing as the two of them outscored all our strikers put together in the premiership last season that can only be good.
Still sticking with a win in the last 16 and defeat to Holland/Portugal.

Hargreaves was class.

Sol made one great block, but yes not quite at his best.

Lampard really has been poor this tournament.

Oh the joys of being and England fan.

Sureshot said:
Lampard really has been poor this tournament.

Oh the joys of being and England fan.

Lampard has had the most shots on goal of any player in the World Cup. I reckon that just give him time and he'll start popping them in. He's absolutely world-class on his day.

animation60nd.gif

Is it just me or is Peter Crouch absolute rubbish?

That goal vs. T&T was simply Beckham's cross hitting him in the head and deflecting in. :D

England Im afraid are going to be knocked out in the quarter's again.At times I cant understand Sven,yesterday was a perfect opportunity to give Walcott a chance when Owen was injured,Im still confident that we will beat Ecuador but once we reach the quarters the lack of forwards is going to hurt us big time.

edgarisapimp said:
That goal vs. T&T was simply Beckham's cross hitting him in the head and deflecting in. :D
Isn't that the basic description of all headers though? :p

By your definitions Joe Cole's goal was just him kicking the ball in the air and gravity taking its course.

Users who are viewing this thread