Group F thread (Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan)

Aloisi is versatile, and can be used as a handy impact player who can exploit the over-confident Brazil, too.
As someone mentioned, I'm also getting really sick of everyone, mainly those who's nation aren't in the cup, who go on an on about Brazil, despite not really knowing alot about them. To be honest, they are a shadow of their former selves, and although they still may retain the honours if they suddenly click, there are still 31 other capable teams out there, and football is a game of endless possibility. Australia's defence isn't great, but it's very physical, which can either go against them, or prove to be the difference on a positive level in these group stages. Hell yeah Croatia deserved to win, they looked far more alert throughout the whole contest, and created plenty more scoring opportunities, but just couldn't convert. They're an extremely fit side, so Australia will have to be cautious when they come up against them. Anyone hear about that thing where employers are going to be tolerant of their staff taking a day leave because of the early morning Socceroos game? - I wonder if schools will adopt the same concept! :p

You know what I really hate? People thinking that Brazil are the best because they have good players and are ranked #1 and are the most popular team in the world.

It's never ever a one sided affair.

I just hope Australia can at least exit with some pride and respect of being a good football nation.

No doubt Australia will make the 2010 SA World Cup :D

Haha yeah, rankings aren't everything, and no disrespect to them, they're a brilliant team, but it just gets so boring when the most obvious things are pointed out, such as their line-up, "Oh, Ronaldo", etc, when anything can happen and, as you said, it's never a one-sided affair and nothing is ever totally out of the equasion. Another thing I hate is (an attack usually targeted towards England as they happen to be fortunate enough to have a balanced and very potent squad, not that I'm really going for them in this cup- I've actually taken to my native nation lately :p) when random people say, just because a side have numerous superstars with ability, they don't have the capacity to work together. What a preconceived idea? And usually wrong, too...
That's pretty much equivalent to saying they may as well drop those players because they couldn't possibly work in synergy, or saying a side with players who aren't quite up to it on the world stage or appear mediocre against good opponents should win because they communicate with each other...no logic, really.

Last edited:
James219 said:
Aloisi is versatile, and can be used as a handy impact player who can exploit the over-confident Brazil, too.
As someone mentioned, I'm also getting really sick of everyone, mainly those who's nation aren't in the cup, who go on an on about Brazil, despite not really knowing alot about them. To be honest, they are a shadow of their former selves, and although they still may retain the honours if they suddenly click, there are still 31 other capable teams out there, and football is a game of endless possibility. Australia's defence isn't great, but it's very physical, which can either go against them, or prove to be the difference on a positive level in these group stages. Hell yeah Croatia deserved to win, they looked far more alert throughout the whole contest, and created plenty more scoring opportunities, but just couldn't convert. They're an extremely fit side, so Australia will have to be cautious when they come up against them. Anyone hear about that thing where employers are going to be tolerant of their staff taking a day leave because of the early morning Socceroos game? - I wonder if schools will adopt the same concept! :p
School Holidays.Anyway Brasil were pretty aweful against Croatia but there's no doubt that they are one of the greatest teams the world has ever seen,even if the overrated Ronaldo still starts.

Come on Australia, my vcash is riding on you! Apparently Shane Warne is helping out with the match build-up on ITV.

sachin said:
School Holidays

Yeah, it's school holidays for you Melburnians 'cause of the Commonwealth Games situation, but we still have another two weeks left! :p
Only like seven hours 'till kick off...

sachin said:
School Holidays.Anyway Brasil were pretty aweful against Croatia but there's no doubt that they are one of the greatest teams the world has ever seen,even if the overrated Ronaldo still starts.
Not overrated, but maybe past his best. At his best, he was one of the greatest ever!

MV is right, I don't know what happined to him since he started Playing with Real Madrid, He can't stay there for long now. R9ALDO IS GOOD, main player of Brazil if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread