Story Guess The Score! County Season (sign Up Now!)

tonka998

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi! I have come up with a great new idea for a competition! Using Cricket 07, I will start a regular county season with Durham CCC.

Sign up, (no limit to players), to compete in a one-off competition to gain a special prize at the end! Players will guess the score in a particular match and details in that match (for example - highest scorer, team scores and winner etc.) . EXAMPLE BELOW

EXAMPLE:

Match: Lancashire vs Durham
Venue: Old Trafford
Conditions: Hard Pitch, Sunny and Mild
Teams: ......(list of players).......
Toss: Lancashier won the toss and chose to bat

Lancashire 1st Innings - 452 all out
Highest Scorer: A.Flintoff (134 N.O)

Best bowling figures: O.Gibson (5-91)

Durham 1st Innings - 134 all out
Highest scorer: P.Collingwood (37)
Best Bowling Figures: J. Anderson (6-31)

Durham 2nd Innings (follow-on) - 186 all out
Highest Scorer: Phil Mustard (44)[
Best Bowling Figures: A.Flintoff (4-33)

LANCASHIRE WIN BY AN INNINGS AND 132 runs

Man of the Match: A.Flintoff (Lancashire)

. The player with the closest guess for each piece of information (e.g highest scorer) gets 1 point.

. For an exact guess (e.g Lancs 1st innings - 452 all out) gets 5 points!

- For a correct Man of the Match guess you get 3 points.

So, sign up! (remember theres no limit to the amount of people that can take part, however, the deadline for signing up will be MONDAY 1ST OCTOBER AT 19.00 GMT!)

Any questions or additional info feel free to ask as i know ive missed something out!

*SIGNING UP STARTS NOW*

Last edited:
hmmm... doesnt look to be that popular! Oh well, its your guys choice if u want me to continue?

Sure, People will want to join after they see what will happen. Will be a lot tighter between 4 of us :)

So what will happen? You tell us the match then we guess each innings score, top scorer and top bowling figures. And then you post the match and give us what score we get?

Pretty much yh treva. I will give you the match along with the competition theyre playing in (i.e. C+G Trophy - this being last yr of course!), venue, conditions, the toss and the teams and maybe a little hint into what happened (e.g. the match was dominated by bowlers etc. - if im feeling generous!)

Then you have to guess the 1st and 2nd innings scores for both teams (so 4 total scores overall) and also the best batsman AND best bowler for each innings (so 8 overall) and also the MAN OF THE MATCH award, for an extra 3 points (ive literally only just added that!)

You get 1 point if your the closest guess out of everyone else (so 12 points up for grabs each round + 3 points for Man of the Match) and if you get an exact guess you get 5 points.

May be a little confusing - but just use the example ive given at the top of the page - and put your own information in - do you understand? :D

As I said above - ive now added a MAN OF THE MATCH category - 3 points for correct answer! :)

Last edited:
Yeh, because there is less innings (only 2 instead of 4) so 2 less points will be up for grabs in ODI's! :) thanks for pointing that out! :D

Users who are viewing this thread