gym

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
anyone else into working out? been lifting for almost a year but i mainly mucked around. Been serious for 5 months now.
lulz
1DOKM8GvyIxMx63jikNgW93y1Iqfm342.jpeg

----------

Turned 17 2 months ago btw

P

pcfan123

I've started a push up regiment everyday, but nothing serious yet. Thinking about free weights once school starts up again in the fall.

Are you on free weights or machines?

Biggy

Panel of Selectors
Yeah. I try to go 5 times a week. I use a combo of free weights and machines.

P

pcfan123

I'm thinking about kayaking and free weights all this winter. Don't want to get huge but could stand to lose some of my flab.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've been trying to gain weight. Free weights + machines pretty consistently for a while. Started by alternating push and pull for each session, but am going to start isolating each part for different day. So something like chest/arms/back/shoulders in a cycle.

Not gaining weight quickly although strength has improved, as I've gone up a couple of weights on the machines/weights I use. From what I've gathered from talking to proper gymmers, only way i'm going to see noticeable results is if i massively increase my protein intakes. Eat more meals, less carbs more meat and stuff, and importantly use protein shakes/easily absorbed proteins right after workout. And I'm finding that part very hard to maintain.

:/ Any advice?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I'm thinking about kayaking and free weights all this winter. Don't want to get huge but could stand to lose some of my flab.

lmao you won't get huge trust me. does it look like i am huge? lol no and i've been working out and eating like a bodybuilder.

Free weights is always better than machines because machines isolate a muscle while free weights hits the muscles around the muscle you are working. AND evolution has grown to pick up free weights, so free weights are ALWAYS better.

----------

I've been trying to gain weight. Free weights + machines pretty consistently for a while. Started by alternating push and pull for each session, but am going to start isolating each part for different day. So something like chest/arms/back/shoulders in a cycle.

Not gaining weight quickly although strength has improved, as I've gone up a couple of weights on the machines/weights I use. From what I've gathered from talking to proper gymmers, only way i'm going to see noticeable results is if i massively increase my protein intakes. Eat more meals, less carbs more meat and stuff, and importantly use protein shakes/easily absorbed proteins right after workout. And I'm finding that part very hard to maintain.

Yeah. The first thing you need to do is get a good training plan. Look up 'Layne Norton phat' routine and learn the exercises or the one I am currently doing is 'zyzz's routine(but he is on roids). Aesthetically Pleasing: Aziz Shreddedshian Talks With Simplyshredded.com [Updated 2011] | SimplyShredded.com

The one on that site. Do either one and follow it like its your religion.

When you eat you must eat a LOT and I mean A LOT. Because to put on muscle you have to be in a calorie surplus(having more calories than being burned). Don't worry about the fat you can cut that later. my image of you is someone who is extremely skinny and has trouble putting on weight. Buy a weight gainer and buy lots of meat. You should have 1lb of protein per bodyweight. If you weight 150lbs then you eat 150 grams of protein. Have protein every 2/3 hours. If you are putting on too much fat too quickly then slowly decrease your calorie intake.

Do everything I said and you will get bigger, don't be afraid to ask any questions.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've heard I need 1.5 grams of Protein per 1 lb bodyweight.

Which I just can't get with my diet atm. Looking for alternate means of increasing protein intake without Protein shakes, but it seems there is no other way :/

I'm also not as dedicated as that guy :P I'm just trying to gain weight and muscle to improve my performances in footy and cricket, not going to adopt a gym lifestyle.

He's got good tips about maximising workouts, but I already do that. :p

Just down to eating a lot more I guess.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I've heard I need 1.5 grams of Protein per 1 lb bodyweight.

Which I just can't get with my diet atm. Looking for alternate means of increasing protein intake without Protein shakes, but it seems there is no other way :/

I'm also not as dedicated as that guy :P I'm just trying to gain weight and muscle to improve my performances in footy and cricket, not going to adopt a gym lifestyle.

He's got good tips about maximising workouts, but I already do that. :p

Just down to eating a lot more I guess.
Well alright. Do Deadlifts, pull ups, Bench Press, Chin ups and squats and you will get big. those 5 exercises.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'm actually isolating different parts of my body now. One day each for Chest/Back/Arms/Shoulders/Abs, 1 hours each. Looking up exercises for all.

Bench Press is already a part of my chest routine, i'm not sure where the other 4 belong since they work on several parts.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I'm actually isolating different parts of my body now. One day each for Chest/Back/Arms/Shoulders/Abs, 1 hours each. Looking up exercises for all.

Bench Press is already a part of my chest routine, i'm not sure where the other 4 belong since they work on several parts.

haha. wtf man. Compound exercises have been proven to put on more muscle than isolation. Trust me if you want to save time and get more powerful just do those 5.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I'm hearing such conflicted stuff on this. Because what I've heard is isolation 1 hour workouts are more effective than compound ones.

I'm heading to the gym now so i'll do isolation shoulders as planned, but will come back and research on this.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I'm hearing such conflicted stuff on this. Because what I've heard is isolation 1 hour workouts are more effective than compound ones.

I'm heading to the gym now so i'll do isolation shoulders as planned, but will come back and research on this.

The WeighTrainer - The Rules of Productive Weight Training for The Drug-Free Trainee

Read rule 2 and 4 of that. Compound exercises put on more mass because they are working other muscles. Whoever told you isolation is better is an idiot.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors

You're like me. I really wanted to get lean, and not look weirdly muscly. It actually takes ages for that though, as cricketdude said. I try do a lot of cardio before a work out, I prefer using the rowing machine.

I do chest/tris, back/bis, legs, shoulders on different days, which leaves a spare day in case I want to split something up, or I miss a day. Then 2 days rest. Each roughly takes an hour or more.

Cricketdude may do it differently, but my mate got our program off one of the Mr.Australasia guys when he was living in NZ. Not saying either is wrong, different people will have different opinions. As long as YOU are happy with your progress. Thing about working out is, there are SO many ways to do it..

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

cricketdude do you take any protein supplements or creotine? my bro is all about that and he is massive, he benches around 230lb. I'm lucky to get 165 up

Users who are viewing this thread