Hair offered to quit for payout

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
DARRELL Hair, the umpire at the centre of the Pakistan Test ball tampering controversy, offered in a letter to quit in return for $US500,000 ($658,000), the International Cricket Council said today.

ICC Chief Executive Malcolm Speed told a news conference Australian Hair was under great stress when he wrote the letter.

"He had no dishonest, underhand or malicious intent," Speed said. "He was seeking to find a solution in the best interests of the game."

Full article here

Guess it would solve any major problem we would have in the near future.
I just hope we solve this situation quick and move back to playing cricket.

...this problem should be solved otherwise we cant enjoy cricket.....Hope that we get to c some action soon....

Yessss Hair! Now you came to the exact point! didnt you?! Just say you dont have any proof and that why you are running away before 15th september. and that money think, so cheap! Thanks god this guy is leaving, i bet no one even in australia would like him umpiring.

Farrukh_|$B said:
Yessss Hair! Now you came to the exact point! didnt you?! Just say you dont have any proof and that why you are running away before 15th september. and that money think, so cheap! Thanks god this guy is leaving, i bet no one even in australia would like him umpiring.
As it stands he isnt going anywhere. He has said he was under great stress when he wrote the letter and was seeking to find a solution. He has since revoked his message.

Spot On Kev! He was in great stress as he didnt know how to make up a proof.

If this is going to turn into another Pakistan vs Hair thread its getting closed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread