Have you stopped playing ashes 2009?

have you stopped playing ashes 09?

• yes will play again when the patch is released.

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • yes uninstalled the game,not playing it again

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • no still playing and enjoying the game

Votes: 23 27.7%

• Total voters
I play only play with Jaraarrow i hate playing with other people they always quits when losing and that makes me angry.

OdI's are pretty realistic though dont you think? The Ai field settings are certainly more effective and I have good games with it.

I played a few but found it far to easy to bowl teams out for between 180 and 220 even when saving pretty much every over to account for the runout bug. Enjoyed batting but again it was all too easy and predictable although I would struggle against spin a little.
This is the first cricket game I've ever become bored with so quickly even EA07 got flogged for months. I enjoy Ashes most playing against mates at home but they dont have the patience for it!!

yes i agree, in my opinion on my 360, offline is just unplayable at the moment.

But my 360 has broke at the mo anywayz, but ill be getting my elite in 10 days!!:banana2

Has there been any news yet regarding the patch, has anyone spoke out ??

I'm on PS3.
Paid ? 35 for the game. Enjoyed it at the start but quickly grew tired of the obvious bugs.
Can't play online because I always seem to have lag on my up to 8mb connection :facepalm

The only way I will ever play the game again is a patch (that the consolers deserve), otherwise Codemasters will have 'done' me again......(this will be the last time though.....oh yes....)

I'm on PS3.
Paid ? 35 for the game. Enjoyed it at the start but quickly grew tired of the obvious bugs.
Can't play online because I always seem to have lag on my up to 8mb connection :facepalm

The only way I will ever play the game again is a patch (that the consolers deserve), otherwise Codemasters will have 'done' me again......(this will be the last time though.....oh yes....)

You'll buy the next one, you know you will! We all will!:):D

I will buy any cricket game that ever comes out. Simply because we have a very small market to begin with, our options are limited and its best to support the developers.

Think about it, if every video gamer in India/Pakistan alone actually bought the original cricket games, the market would be massive, there would be a lot of money to be made. Sadly, we all know what happened with AC09.

the price drops have only been recent.....with the start of GTA IV.
you need to give it time.....another 5 years, the piracy will be down by 50% atleast !

AC09 did not do itself any favors with the lax piracy protection either. No serial numbers/cd key etc...

AC09 did not do itself any favors with the lax piracy protection either. No serial numbers/cd key etc...

kind of surprising indeed ! now, whos fault is that ? ;)
but i doubt it would've made much difference....

seriously..the previous titles were THRICE as much priced.....

so, would you pay 90$ for AC09 PC version ? i doubt it......

I paid $70 American after shipping to Texas. Since its the only cricket video game that will work in America (on console) I would have paid probably close to $200. (Granted I am probably one of the few who would)

Point here is not what I or you would pay. Its whether people would still rather pay 100 rupees for a pirated version over 500 for the original. The pirated will always be cheaper/free compared to original copies and for many people its economics over ethics purely because of their financial situation.

Ideal situation would be for people who cannot afford video game to not buy them , however we all must keep up with the Jones's

good thread.

I am playing to complete the trophy requirements of the game, as they seem to be very easy, except for king pair and 4 ball-4 wickets (offline mode). Had to cheat for the one bowler claiming 10 wickets and still had to toil hard, kept avoiding catches from other bowlers:D, but the damn run outs:doh.
Also unlocking all the different stadiums, which I am liking a lot. Would have loved to ask more from this patch like adding many more stadiums to be unlocked, but for now, just hoping whatever is done, gets released.

I liked the beta 2 patch. But after those confusions & the patch not yet released, I have lost the interest in this game. The game without any patch is definitely going to bore anyone after sometime where you always have to bowl with pacers even in test match without spinners. :noway

I've stopped playing online since the Beta2 server went down at the time of the unfortunate news of TG closing down a few weeks back. Really miss playing online patched version as a lot of features had been ironed out and there is no way I'm going back to the vanilla version.

Agree with Dutchad in that the ODI offline are fun and very realistic scoring. The only thing about offline is that the lack of game modes/features affects the replayability factor.

So...
Online = stopped playing - although patiently waiting for patch to resume

Offline = Still play - Beta 2 patch making it best cricket game to date (although I haven't played CR full game yet - and probably won't buy it going by feed back to date on P2P sharing etc.

I've stopped playing online since the Beta2 server went down at the time of the unfortunate news of TG closing down a few weeks back. Really miss playing online patched version as a lot of features had been ironed out and there is no way I'm going back to the vanilla version.

Agree with Dutchad in that the ODI offline are fun and very realistic scoring. The only thing about offline is that the lack of game modes/features affects the replayability factor.

So...
Online = stopped playing - although patiently waiting for patch to resume

Offline = Still play - Beta 2 patch making it best cricket game to date (although I haven't played CR full game yet - and probably won't buy it going by feed back to date on P2P sharing etc.

Look on the bright side,with all the practice offline you will be a hell of a player when you play online again.:)

Users who are viewing this thread