Hawk Eye

JimmyD

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This for me is the greatest innovation in cricket technology and i'm personally delighted its included in blic. Do you think it adds something to the game? Do you think it could have been used better in the game? Do you think it is accurate in reality? If so do you think it should be used to decide lbw decisions in real cricket, or does the human error of umpires add something? Also, i also have always thought that similar technology should be used to decide no-ball line calls as to allow the umpires to concentrate on the ball bowled! I'd be interested to know what you think to the above.

Cheers guys.

Umm...Mayb too many questions?!? :D

yep its accurate ! though the umpires make human errors thats awsome :D

Yeah its cool that the umpires do make mistakes in the game. Makes the whole experience more realistic.

The Hawk eye system adds that bit more realism to BLIC !!! And you feel that you are watching a Live telecast or something !!! Simply luv it !!!

I have read that the inventor of Hawk Eye has stated that it is 99% accurate, as vibrations can throw the camera's sightly off causing slight miscalculations, but is still much more accurate than Umpires who are reckoned to be about 60% accurate. I love its usage in the game, I think it just adds something to the game that EA have not got

I think its a good addition to the game. As are the fastest balls of the day stats etc.

I loved this part of the demo. I also like the way it actually tells you why that perfect toe-crushing yorker you bowled wasn't LBW (ie missing leg stump etc). I own Cricket 2005, and have many a time been left there wondering, "What was wrong with that one?" after the umpire has turned it down.

That's one of the great parts of Brian Lara Cricket 2005, next to the classic matches and season mode.

its good but the umpire explaination is wrong :D

Users who are viewing this thread