Hello, new to the forum, need help bowling

DS_4_life

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello, I am new to the forum and I am playing ICC 2005. I have played ICC 2002 or 2001(I cant remeber the year but it was ashes edition) and thought it was a fun game. I saw that this game had come out when i visited the Cricketweb website. Anyway so I downloaded the trial and liked the game so i bought it.

The problem I am having is with bowling. I had the same problem in the older ICC that i played. When I bat in test matches I can get 1000 runs or more by putting my agression on 3 bars. But when I bowl i bowl with agression to the max and i struggle to bowl teams out. I end up bowling them out for 500. This means i end up drawing most test match when I should be winning. In ODIs I bat at diffrent agressions acording to the situation and I end up making good scores but then when i bowl i bowl with my agression on V Defensive, with 0 bars, and I end up bowling the first few overs for only a few runs and then after that the other teams batsmen really thrash me.

I am playing as Australia and I have lots of young bowlers coming through but there careers get ruined cause they have test bowling averages of 30-40.

If someone could help me it would be apreciated.

One tip is always bowl with aggression on 3 bars. Never too aggressive or defensive. If you bowl to the right line and lengths you should be able to bowl them out for a good score(providing the pitch and weather give you a bit of help). On a good batting pitch it's just really difficult. Always test different bowlers to different batsman. If one bowler gets a batsman in the first innings use him again in the second.

Hope that helps.

Liam Williams said:
One tip is always bowl with aggression on 3 bars. Never too aggressive or defensive. If you bowl to the right line and lengths you should be able to bowl them out for a good score(providing the pitch and weather give you a bit of help). On a good batting pitch it's just really difficult. Always test different bowlers to different batsman. If one bowler gets a batsman in the first innings use him again in the second.

Hope that helps.

Ok, I will try this. So put 3 bars in Tests and ODI? Maybe my problem was that i dont change anything else. I just put the agression and thats it, i dont do any other tactics.

DS_4_life said:
Ok, I will try this. So put 3 bars in Tests and ODI? Maybe my problem was that i dont change anything else. I just put the agression and thats it, i dont do any other tactics.

I think what your doing is fine. I tried changing the field, and making many different field placeings, but I found that made matters worse. So now I just start on 5 bars, and go down to 3 when the batsmans on around 20-30. I fhte batsman gets a huge score, I find bowling around the wicket and putting on 1 bar effective.

I would recommend you this i usually do this:

Bowling: 1st factor, the line, for 'A' batsman put the ball in the off stump and the 'B' batsman on the middle, and when the over is over, reverse the order. so that A batsman has the ball on middle and B batsman on the off (i will try to get a screenshot of this)

2nd Factor, Dont change fielding, aggressiveness or length of ball.

3rd Factor around or over the wicket.
For RF, RFM, RM over the wicket (left)
For LF LFM LM Around the wicket. (right)
For LS and OS Around the wicket. (right)
For SLC and SLA Over the wicket (left)

batting: If ODI's
set the bar to the last bit of aggressive (probably three bars short of a full one)

Dont change anything else.

If Tests:
set the bar to three or four. Not too more unless you have wickets in the last day. If you have a good batsman on one side and a tailender on the other, click the bat on the tailender to stop him from batting.

Nice advice Voldemort, just at the end, they should click the bat next to the batsmans name unless they want somelike Hoggard trying to keep the strike :P

voldemort said:
I would recommend you this i usually do this:

Bowling: 1st factor, the line, for 'A' batsman put the ball in the off stump and the 'B' batsman on the middle, and when the over is over, reverse the order. so that A batsman has the ball on middle and B batsman on the off (i will try to get a screenshot of this)

2nd Factor, Dont change fielding, aggressiveness or length of ball.

3rd Factor around or over the wicket.
For RF, RFM, RM over the wicket (left)
For LF LFM LM Around the wicket. (right)
For LS and OS Around the wicket. (right)
For SLC and SLA Over the wicket (left)

batting: If ODI's
set the bar to the last bit of aggressive (probably three bars short of a full one)

Dont change anything else.

If Tests:
set the bar to three or four. Not too more unless you have wickets in the last day. If you have a good batsman on one side and a tailender on the other, click the bat on the tailender to stop him from batting.

To tell you the truth it seems to complicated.

Mind you, I hope in the patch (if it gets released), bowlers come on automatically bowl over the wicket, as in left handers begin bowling over instead of around.

Mind you, I hope in the patch (if it gets released), bowlers come on automatically bowl over the wicket, as in left handers begin bowling over instead of around.
I agree I hate having to switch

Users who are viewing this thread