Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Here is how to get to the nVidia equivalent of the Catalyst Control Centre:

1. Install the latest drivers for your nVidia card by following this link. The picture below shows how I got to my card's drivers (an FX5200):

2. Once they are installed (and you have restarted if necessary) right click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. A screen like the one below will appear. If it is not in your right click menu look in Control Panel for it:

Click 3D settings (the big button) and then pick Manage 3D Settings from the next screen:

3. A screen like this will then appear:

Select the Program Settings tab, then click the Add button and go find your BLIC exe from whatever place you installed it. A screen similar to this but with the BLIC exe selected will appear:

4. Modify the settings:
I modified the screenshot above to have all of the settings shown, but just in case here are the values you want in their respective order:
Off, On, On, None, Use Hardware, Off, None, Single Display Performance Mode, Allow, High Performance (if you only make one change to the settings, make it this one, my default was High Quality), On, Off, Force Off.
If you have any settings on that page other than what is shown in the screen shot, post.

5. Ensure that you have the game set at the lowest resolution, etc settings possible in the BLIC Setup program:

The only ones here that aren't already set by the Contol Panel are Resolution and sound. I used the ones shown in the screenshot above, they worked, try them first, then experiment.

6. Play the Game. After doing all this I could play the demo easily.

Last edited:

Chimp132

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
what do i select on the menu on the website for which graphics card i have ?

Attachments

• card1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1,214

tommymac

Club Cricketer
Installing these drivers (94.20) gave me a decent performance boost,and a good IQ improvement, they also seem to give most of my other games a good improvement.

NVIDIA 94.20
http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=728&Itemid=1

There is also a modded version which has slighty better performace and IQ plus it comes with coolbits 2.0 already installed, but I recommended that you only use it if your comfortable with modded drivers, if not just install the stock NVIDIA version above.

XTreme-G 94.20
http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=730&Itemid=1

Please uninstall your previous driver before installing the new one,to avoid any issues, and preferrably use Driver Cleaner Pro if possible.

Last edited:

tommymac

Club Cricketer
no it isn't a virus, its a proper nvidia driver, and the site is very reputable. The driver is an extremley good one, and is much more recent than the one posted on the NVIDIA site. It is an official driver from NVIDIA just never released publicy, thats why you won't find it on their site.

Last edited:

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I will use now NVIDIA 94.20 , lets hope if something get improve :upray thanks a lot Tommy :)

tommymac

Club Cricketer
no problem hope it helps you all out, i mean my performance is still not great considering the graphics in the game shouldnt be too demanding, but it did give a good 5 fps boost, and made the whole experience a lot smoother and less jerky, also try forcing 8AF in your drivers settings, for me it cleared the graphics up a lot, and removed this moving grass effect i was getting, without costing any performance.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Burma's Finest said:
That's excellent Matt. Thanks for doing that. :D

Once you've tweaked it a bit (as you said), I'll clean this thread up and post it as a sticky.

Great stuff! :cheers
That tweaking is done now, the game goes at full speed on my FX5200 128MB card now. My previous post is now modified with the instructions for this

Users who are viewing this thread