Help me please, stupid run-outs are driving me crazy

Dynasty

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
As the topic suggests, I'm getting entire teams out for 20-30 runs regardless of the difficulty level by run outs. Every time the batsman hits a ball to mid on or mid off requiring a little jog for a fielder the batsmen decide to take a run just when the player collects the ball. I was wondering if there are any patches to fix this silly bug and if so could you please give me the link, most appreciated and many thanks.

As of now there are none. The only way you can beat this bug is to keep the mid on and mid off up i.e the nearest mid on and mid off position that right next to the non striker's end.

Thanks crick :) While i was waiting for replies I went and played a 50 overs ING cup match vs SA (I'm the blues) I'm not sure if it's a bug.. but Haddin(wicki) finished the innings with 5 catches, 1st slip bagged 1, mid on got 1 and 3 wickets were stupid run outs. SA finished with a mighty total of 13(5 overs), 4 of which were no balls. Mcgrath delivered with 5/8 off 3 overs, including a hat trick. Brett Lee got 2 scalps (1 a nick & 1 a mistimed lofted shot off a slower ball to mid on. This was achieved on medium difficulty, pitch was normal, overcast and humid. Is this a known bug or credit to my bowling? If the latter I think I'll notch up the difficulty. :D :p I love cricket and I love this game but I can't stand the bugs. This game has so much potential I eagerly await a version with fewer bugs, your onto a good thing EA keep at it. :D

Last edited:
Currently, in order to overcome the bug I am following Ravi's (crick4life) advice. Save the game every over or every other over and if they get run-out start at the saved point. At least it is a little better.

Makes for slow progress.

It should be such an easy things to fix. Good on EA.

Yeah save and replay everytime there is a run out. They is the solution.

However, the PS2 version does not have this bug.

Users who are viewing this thread