Help with batting :(

Arush4nil

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
HELP ! I just got the game and i cant even hit the ball for a single, my keyboard is default and im pressing w and a arrow key in the direction i want to hit it. I didn't recieve a manual as i bought it off a friend. Please help me. :(

Arush4nil said:
I didn't recieve a manual as i bought it off a friend. Please help me. :(

This forum doesn't support piracy. If you bought it off a friend as you claim he would have a manual and you can ask him for it.

Then you can ask your friend what the controls are. I'm sorry to sound cynical because I do realise what you are suggesting is completely possible but we get a lot pf people on the forums who don't have a manual because they have a pirate version and tell us they lost it or ate it.

Lol, ok fair enough, i just asked him over MSN and he wasn't much help, he told me the controls which are in the game options but what im having trouble with is shot timing and positioning. :(

well that doesn't need the manual...just go to the nets and practice like the real fellas do...esp. if you start playing in easy mode...

Im playing on Medium/Hard because you can't select shots one easy.

try pressing the arrow keys at the same time.......

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean? i use my ps2 controller to usb thing and i select the direction, then press the button... the only 4s i ever get have been from cover drives. Most of my runs are from shots hitting pad.

Arush4nil said:
What do you mean? i use my ps2 controller to usb thing and i select the direction, then press the button... the only 4s i ever get have been from cover drives. Most of my runs are from shots hitting pad.

We were under the impression you were using the keyboard, as you said in your first post.

Anyway, no matter which control method you're using, the best way to learn technique is practice, practice and more practice. Don't forget about the six hit button too!

Arush4nil said:
HELP ! I just got the game and i cant even hit the ball for a <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=single&v=56">single</a>, my KEYBOARD...
Sry......just assumed.........maybe your timing is off.....Play spinners late, pacers just at the bounce and medium bowlers a little later than pacers.................................just let the ball come on bat......

Ok, i don't really do anything with timing, just hit the ball lol. I was using the keyboard then started to use ps2 controller, seems easier.
Thanks for tips, i'll try them now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread