Highest Individual Score

Hug Longrigg

School Cricketer
Whats the highest individual score anyone has got because I got 505 in carear mode and I wanna know if thats a record? If so can I have an answer? chrrs

mazd

International Cricketer
123. Career test match. 78 ODI and 52 t20. That is in a career span of 6 years. Still can't figure out the right way to bat.

tazzron

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
123. Career test match. 78 ODI and 52 t20. That is in a career span of 6 years. Still can't figure out the right way to bat.

Just slog. Practice consistently being able to hit over the top. Hit over mid on, mid off and over third man (when no slips in place) against pace. I recommend always going back foot when hitting over mid on and mid off because full balls are still hit with ease and shortish length balls are also hit, unlike front foot when short balls are not as easy to hit. Also leg clip when the mentioned scoring areas are covered by deep fielders. Go over mid on and mid off by going down the wicket against spinners. Sweep when long off and long on are in place.

mazd

International Cricketer
Just slog. Practice consistently being able to hit over the top. Hit over mid on, mid off and over third man (when no slips in place) against pace. I recommend always going back foot when hitting over mid on and mid off because full balls are still hit with ease and shortish length balls are also hit, unlike front foot when short balls are not as easy to hit. Also leg clip when the mentioned scoring areas are covered by deep fielders. Go over mid on and mid off by going down the wicket against spinners. Sweep when long off and long on are in place.
I refrain from slogging in my career mode. I set like 5 slogs per match. I mostly get out edging the ball.

tazzron

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I refrain from slogging in my career mode. I set like 5 slogs per match. I mostly get out edging the ball.

Fair enough. It does make it unrealistic when going at 7+ an over in 4/5 day matches, but that's the easiest way I've found to score runs.

grkrama

National Board President
Have got a couple of triples in FC legend difficulty. a 280 odd in INTL both in career.

The beauty of the game is playing to the situation especially in career were you cant slog it at will as you will be one shot away to easily get out especially in legend difficulty!

this just a few score cards from last week after a horrid run,

This one came on being made to follow on in
a match after being set 500+ and blocked it out almost to the last sesion, fell at 4.30 pm i think but the team saw it through

2015-12-06_00003.jpg 2015-12-06_00007.jpg

A couple matches later
2015-12-08_00008.jpg 2015-12-08_00009.jpg

This one came in another match after that my shield season spiraled down only got another hundred 150(180)

2015-12-08_00019.jpg
2015-12-08_00029.jpg

Its being in the match and influencing that makes you feel the best out of the match and in that way DBC succeeds all the approaches work whether its hitting it out or going for a blockathon! As long as you apply and have a method it will work! The game is really best at its Highest difficulty!

Fantazm

County Cricketer
I once hit 530-odd in a 40 over game on bog standard easy difficulty. Came in at #3 in the first over and was out off the last ball of the innings.

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I scored 600 odd (in 450 odd deliveries) in First Class on Veteran Mode in career, but soon it got boring to score easy runs, so now I only play Online Mode where at least opponent is trying to do something to surprise you. But before the Patch, batting on Legend Mode in career was very difficult. I will check if I can find the score card saved in my PC.

D

Deleted member 149013

Had a career going with Billy Kidd at Lancs on pro scored 290 odd in a first class match. Other than that I can’t remember a higher innings.

I didn’t think we had to compare shoe laces on here mind.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
It all depends on how you're trying to bat. If you're trying to play like a proper cricketer you're not going to score as many as if you can if you're going to make your shot choices according to what is most effective in DBC.

I think my highest fc career score on legend / pro cam is this triple, but I was experimenting with seeing what the best scoring strategies were and it shows in the chart. Apart from a solitary cut shot I just sat on the front foot the whole innings and avoided the lower percentage off side attacking shots. The spread of shots through midwicket is a plus point because it's a more difficult area to score in DBC, and it's always nice to have a dead straight six, but overall I've just taken massive advantage of the overpowered leg glance.

If I had to play a DBC innings for my life I would bat using this tactic, but it's not a particularly fun way to bat.

2015-08-22_00005.jpg

This second chart was testing out a different tactic based around exploiting the overpowered advance sixes. Also very effective in legend mode but again not how I'd choose to play.
2015-09-03_00013.jpg

The innings I really have fun playing are usually the ones where I make decent scores batting properly, with a good range of strokes, boundaries in every area and no big build ups of lines around the spam friendly shots.

Possibly the best knock I ever played was this one, though. I'd been trying for ages to hit a FC career / legend / pro cam century scoring only on the offside, and I'd not done better than 70 odd before nicking off. This one has a nice mix of front foot drives and back foot cuts, all on the floor, and a lot of those boundaries are beating a fielder in the deep. I don't know if I could manage this again if I tried 100 times.
2015-08-04_00002.jpg

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I scored 600 odd (in 450 odd deliveries) in First Class on Veteran Mode in career, but soon it got boring to score easy runs, so now I only play Online Mode where at least opponent is trying to do something to surprise you. But before the Patch, batting on Legend Mode in career was very difficult. I will check if I can find the score card saved in my PC.
recently i also smashed my way to a 500+ score but as u said it got boring, so I closed the game. now waiting for next version.
it is very easy to score runs in offline even picking wickets is very easy.

Users who are viewing this thread