Hindi Cinema Discussion

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Depends on your point of view. Indian audience in general prefers, nay, relishes masala-action type of films. That's why South Indian movies are such a hit, even though I find them absurd.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Yep. Dabangg was too overrated tbh.

Exactly. And Salman keeps doing similar stunt films since Wanted. Hope Bodyguard falls flat on the box office so that Salman tries and act in some reasonably good films.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Exactly. And Salman keeps doing similar stunt films since Wanted. Hope Bodyguard falls flat on the box office so that Salman tries and act in some reasonably good films.

Thats how Akshay cemented his place in bolltwood all action stunt films.

Thats how Shahrukh did to cement his King rule in bollywood with all romantic films. :)

They have to do for survival nothing you can force them to :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Aarakshan is very good. Amitabh Bachchan, Manoj Bajpai, Deepika and Saif are excellent in their roles. Esp. Amitabh is awesome. Personally enjoyed the movie very much. 4/5

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Completely agree with Sai. Aarakshan is a brilliant movie, everyone has played their role well but Amitabh was just fantastic. Any Amitabh's fan must watch this movie.

Fenil

Thats how Akshay cemented his place in bolltwood all action stunt films.

Thats how Shahrukh did to cement his King rule in bollywood with all romantic films. :)

They have to do for survival nothing you can force them to :p

And I don't like both of their acting lately with an exception of My Name is Khan starring Shah Rukh.

----------

Aarakshan is a brilliant movie, everyone has played their role well but Amitabh was just fantastic. Any Amitabh's fan must watch this movie.

Oh, that has encouraged me to go for it. Earlier I heard bad reviews about the movie so, I didn't watched it but I think nows the time. Better late than never. :D

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Don't go by my review. It's a movie that some people might like and some might not. It will obviously have different reviews but yes, a Amitabh fan must watch it.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Anyone watched meri brother ki dulhan. looks good. Got a few good songs

Fenil

Anyone watched meri brother ki dulhan. looks good. Got a few good songs

Its not released yet but seems a story of a guy searching for a bride for his brother and when we finds one, falls in love with her. The story is quite predictable but how the events shaped up would be interesting to watch.
Songs are excellent no doubt.

----------

Did anyone watched Bodyguard? Is it similar type unrealistic like Wanted, Dabanng, and Ready?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The original versions of Bodyguard (in Malayalam and Tamil) had a very 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'ish ending and its funny that Salman hasn't noticed that and probably has gone ahead with that in his remake version. Its basically a love story, but I guess Salman has made it a cocktail masala with all his routinue action, body show and his boring comedy. Wonder whats happening to Bollywood these days that Salman's films are being hailed at the box office?

Fenil

The original versions of Bodyguard (in Malayalam and Tamil) had a very 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai'ish ending and its funny that Salman hasn't noticed that and probably has gone ahead with that in his remake version. Its basically a love story, but I guess Salman has made it a cocktail masala with all his routinue action, body show and his boring comedy. Wonder whats happening to Bollywood these days that Salman's films are being hailed at the box office?

I guess its just one more crap movie adding to the series of Wanted(It was relatively good though), Dabanng (Amongst most Salman dialogue sequence in it, one scene that really amazes me is how can a girl laugh and smile an unknown tells him to marry right after her father's death? Any "normal" girl would have slapped the guy's face without thinking once) and Ready (Worst Ever Comedy. Scenes like Dhinka chika right before the P and people rather disgustingly singing "Chaudhari Ka Chand" amongst the many such scenes are just Yuk!).

----------

Actually, I like South Indian movies (not sure Telugu or Tamil or Malyam or they are) which are dubbed in Hindi but the only South Indian movie which was remade in Hindi I liked was Sarfarosh. Actually, the dialogues seem better than the original. Also, Naseerudin Shah's acting was much better than that of Jackie Shroff in Astra (Thats what was the name of the movie dubbed in Hindi).

Varun

ICC Board Member
Bodyguard is a flop. It earned so much only because of Eid...

Users who are viewing this thread