hitting six

Which console/handheld do you own ?

• Total voters
Well it does what is says; adds power to a normal shot. More chance of a boundary but more chance of getting caught.

I'd only use the six shot when the batsman has a high confidence rating as I've never scored a six when the batsman has no confidence. I press the shift button a split second after playing the shot

Yeah? I use it to lift it over the infield when there are gaps regardless of confidence. I also press it at exactly the same time.
You can get 4 or 6 with the slog sweep at any stage of a batsman's innings using it and I've only ever been out caught on the boundary playing it (when I shouldn't have been).

yer wait till your confidence is pretty high then use it after that but its pointless in county champ. and tests, just stick it out playing fours on the ground, i got 245 with Clarke by just using normal shots.

Originally posted by barmyarmy@Jun 29 2004, 08:27 AM
Yeah? I use it to lift it over the infield when there are gaps regardless of confidence. I also press it at exactly the same time.
You can get 4 or 6 with the slog sweep at any stage of a batsman's innings using it and I've only ever been out caught on the boundary playing it (when I shouldn't have been).
All this talk about when to press the buttons.
After I've chosen the shot i"m going to play (which usually takes a split second) I just hold all the buttons down, it doesn't make any difference.
The only button that matters when you press it is the front/back foot button or the advance button.

yes, when you press 'Shift' doesnt matter, its the shot button, S,D or W that matters.

i see some guys with 1 four then like 40 sixes, how the hell you do that, some of those sixes MUST go for four sometimes. Is there a particular shot you guys play, the most sixes ive got in an innings is 13 where as most fours is 80 odd when i got 493* . How do you guys hit so many and do you use medium dif. so you chose the shot?

The most sixes I've hit was about 75. This was on medium difficulty. The shots I mostly used were the leg glance for six, cover drive for six, on drive for six. Sometimes I'd pull out a hook shot.

On hard the most sixes I've hit was about 50 odd, here it is harder to hit them because of the confidence meter. I used mostly the advance option with the on drive or straight drive.

Users who are viewing this thread