How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Xobii

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
For those who have said batting as difficult, I would disagree to it. This is the game which makes you work hard for every run you score like real life. You cannot just close your eyes & smash in all directions.

I worked all night in career mode as batsman in number 3 and I should say - every match is learning experience for me. I finished my first year & now in second year but I am yet to get a fifty! But I am not regretting it any time because - during first half I tried to be impatient & second half I tried to learn the art of playing along with the team. My highest score is just above 20 till now but its motivating me still to work hard for my runs.

Never in any games I felt so good & satisfactory after reaching 20 or facing 25+ balls, never ever felt this feeling! @BigAntStudios; THANK YOU for making such a legendary game. You deserve a power fist, Congo guys.

@angad; I might beat you to your records, I guess have already done it. :D Have got 22 ducks in 30+ innings! Haha.

I agree. This applies to bowling as well. the more I bowl the more I layers of bowling i understand. But I still havent been able to use reverse swing and the ball doesnt spin as much as it should

madman981

Club Captain
I remember the days scoring all those ranking points because i bowled, But i aint doing that anymore, i was a bowler in real life, but now Im a pure Batsman through and through, my 9 annual ranking points a game is just going to have to do!!

itzeddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Playing as a batting all-rounder, I am getting 4/5 wicket hauls pretty much every game on Pro, but don't want to up the difficulty because I seem to only make 15/16 runs, I believe my average is 12 and with a high score of 36, struggling with the bat.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My batting average at FCL is an amazing 9. I bat at three. My T20 batting average is goo though. 26 at SR of 137.:thumbs

Slugger

Club Cricketer
I am a number 3 batsman, not an all rounder and I still get asked too bowl quite a few overs anyone else experience this? Still manage to pick up several wickets which I find quite funny, my batting average is up to a modest 2...bowling average at 12, maybe I should restart career as a bowler?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It only happens a couple of times early on in your career if you're playing as a batsman, I haven't been asked to bowl since my first big bash match.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have to agree with the fact that it is extremely difficult to bat in career mode mode, however, I have to say I don't think it needs to be changed too much.

I struggled a lot in the start and my batting needs serious improvement in the FC format (averaging only 8). But isn't that the way cricket is supposed to be. FC cricket is the pinnacle of domestic cricket and therefore should be more difficult. In LA I am averaging 59 as a bowling all rounder. I have to say quite a few not outs have helped that. But it is easier to "survive" in this format.

My highest score is only 32* but it's what I love most about this game. I still play club cricket and batting is difficult. You have to earn your runs and work hard. I feel @BigAntStudios have captured this beautifully and I love this game!

As an aside, bowling for me is too easy on pro mode but whoever complained about taking too many wickets?

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Yeah, it's just a one-off thing. Prolly a glitch or to give you a taste of bowling maybe, since bowlers do spend a bit of time batting in career mode as well. But it's no biggy, lots of batsman around that "bowl a bit" so it's fine.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I just love running quick singles and more importantly getting off strike...

Haha, same here. Have been giving strikes to my partners offlate but gosh, they made me guilty once by getting dismissed one after another taking the score to 72/7 & was on 30 from those 70s! I also followed them to pavilion then to prove my loyalty... :D LOL.

PremierBatsman

Club Cricketer
i haven't heard that anyone made it to play for their country? I made it into the test squad on my second year in career.

Synnical

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So I decided to become a bowling all-rounder (leg spin) and I must say its been very enjoyable.

Currently sitting on a FC average of 33 with a top score of 106* chasing down 385 vs Tasmania. As a bowler my best innings figures are 7/28 and best match figurea are 14/70 vs Western Australia.

Currently playing FC cricket for Nottinghamshire after having a dreadful 50 over season with the bat in Aus in which we just beat Yorkshire in which I scored 80 runs and took 6 wickets!

About to play my next match vs Durham now...

Users who are viewing this thread