How are you going in Ashes Cricket 2009?

Did they have there mental 10 overs??

I have a funny feeling thy dont know "how" to declare and I wouldn be suprised if its not in!!

Yeah of course! :D

I've dropped so many catches, i get used to easy/normal difficulty online and now on hard offline my reactions are too slow. I think i've dropped around 8 catches.

Lunch day 5, cpu still does not want to declare, 525+ ahead from what i remember.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 60
I have noticed that pitch condition deterioration is not saved when you resume a saved game.

Thanks Sureshot, i try my best.

I find if you don't have any fielders on the offside apart from cover on the boundary then the cpu will bat for much longer ^^.

However it can test your patience. :D

I have noticed that pitch condition deterioration is not saved when you resume a saved game.

Thanks Sureshot, i try my best.

I find if you don't have any fielders on the offside apart from cover on the boundary then the cpu will bat for much longer ^^.

However it can test your patience. :D

:D

Bodyline fields, basically?

Just played my first T20, after 20 overs of bowling New Zealand (CPU) scored 4/175, and 2 of those wickets were in the last over, and somebody made 82. So, I came on and thought I had about five overs to win. I had 20. Apparently somebody didn't tell me I didn't have to slog in T20, but I thought it was fun anyway. After 14 sixes, Flintoff making 47, and Bopara making 32, we carried in quick succession until I realised we had one wicket left. And 9 overs. But we only needed 40 runs. So Anderson and Swann thought it would be funny to play like top order batsman and pull off some beautiful cover drives and square cuts (until I almost got caught) then when the free hits came along Anderson hit a six. I was shocked. But we still won it with 6 overs to spare and Anderson and Swann hugged eachother and we won. :)

Just encounted a bug, quite a weird one. Second test, I bowl Australia out for 350 in the 90th over of the day. So from there I think that it'll automatically go to stumps. It doesn't, my opening batsmen come out for an over then it shows them going back in like it does at the end of a session/day. Then however, when they come back out, instead of being in the morning of day 2, it's 6.07 PM on the evening of day 1 again, this carries on for 30 overs (from 7PM under floodlights) until 8PM.

Then it becomes even weirder. The batsmen walk out again at the start of a new session, and I check the menu to see what the time is. 1.40PM on Day 1 again so basically I've gone back in time!:doh Screenshots below, really weird.

Attachments

• DSC00450.JPG
    DSC00450.JPG
    571.9 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00452.JPG
    DSC00452.JPG
    549.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC00453.JPG
    DSC00453.JPG
    607 KB · Views: 30

Brilliant - another one to add to the list. :sarcasm

It's getting to the point though, where we can't really add many more to the list, because they won't patch everything.

I have also noticed one:

As the bowler lets the ball go, the marker is on the offstump, but the ball ends up hitting leg. Didn't see it move in the air, it just went straight to leg, resulting in an LBW. Hawkeye showed the ball hitting the offstump (this is most noticed with full deliveries). :doh

Something similar happened with a spinner, but I don't mind so much because I saw the ball drift in the air, so I should've adjusted, but with the other one, there was no clue as to what the ball would do.

MasterBlaster76 added 4 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Just played my first T20, after 20 overs of bowling New Zealand (CPU) scored 4/175, and 2 of those wickets were in the last over, and somebody made 82. So, I came on and thought I had about five overs to win. I had 20. Apparently somebody didn't tell me I didn't have to slog in T20, but I thought it was fun anyway. After 14 sixes, Flintoff making 47, and Bopara making 32, we carried in quick succession until I realised we had one wicket left. And 9 overs. But we only needed 40 runs. So Anderson and Swann thought it would be funny to play like top order batsman and pull off some beautiful cover drives and square cuts (until I almost got caught) then when the free hits came along Anderson hit a six. I was shocked. But we still won it with 6 overs to spare and Anderson and Swann hugged eachother and we won. :)

Twenty/20s are great fun!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Yeah of course! :D

I've dropped so many catches, i get used to easy/normal difficulty online and now on hard offline my reactions are too slow. I think i've dropped around 8 catches.

Lunch day 5, cpu still does not want to declare, 525+ ahead from what i remember.

Do you think the AI's seeming inability to declare needs to be added to the patch list? If we get one patch, we might get another one as well...

Last edited:
the gas i understand the tips you have gave us on bowling to get a better match and thanks for this m8 but how do you get such high scores when you come out to bat do you just leave shot that are going well wide of the stumps ect cause i go out to quickly ill be lucky to make late 200s if i pay good so how you bat what you leave and defend which kinda shots pz coud you tell me cheerss ??

Just encounted a bug, quite a weird one. Second test, I bowl Australia out for 350 in the 90th over of the day. So from there I think that it'll automatically go to stumps. It doesn't, my opening batsmen come out for an over then it shows them going back in like it does at the end of a session/day. Then however, when they come back out, instead of being in the morning of day 2, it's 6.07 PM on the evening of day 1 again, this carries on for 30 overs (from 7PM under floodlights) until 8PM.

Then it becomes even weirder. The batsmen walk out again at the start of a new session, and I check the menu to see what the time is. 1.40PM on Day 1 again so basically I've gone back in time!:doh Screenshots below, really weird.

Fantastic :laugh

Pretty bad tbh.

Just noticed that you're named after the single worst appeal sound I've ever heard in a cricket game:

Howwwsssieeeeee!!

What a difference a day makes. My star batter Warner out cheaply and the rest of my middle order threw their wickets away leaving me something like 6/30 with 15 overs to bat. David Hussey and Hopes played sensibly before Hopes got out in the 12th over making 30 odd. Johnson and Lee stuck around to the 16th over. Siddle survived the over. The 17th brought the end of Dussey after edging one and not reacting quick enough to the canceled run.

Bowling was solid enough to get me home, dropped a number of chances which I created by bowling the cutters.

Attachments

• t20.jpg
    t20.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 49

Users who are viewing this thread