How do you cancel a run or even hit a decent shot!?

tintin

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello,

After a few hours of time spent on Cricket 2004, I've concluded that Cricket 2002, despite it's shortcomings, seems to be better! What have they done?!

I'm uisng an MS Sidewinder gamepad, and have a couple of questions:

1. How do you cancel a run? In C-2002, there was an option to map a button to the "Cancel Run" command. No such command exists in the customize screen of C-2004.

2. Is hitting the ball harder than a slight tap really going to take pushing three buttons?!?!?! This is ridiculous -- I just want to thump a square cut or an On Drive, and it looks like I've got to hold down the "Hit Six" button for a while, and then use the directional jog button for shot direction and the front-foot button. Is that what it takes in C-2004 to hit a four or a six?!

Please help me get my money's worth! :)

Best Regards.

Play no shot/Duck button cancel the run..I believe

Yup, press the no shot button. Don't be overzealous with the run button and then deciding to cancel the run tho. The cancel run is not instantaneous in some cases.
ie. you may think that there is a quick 2nd run on, so call for the run, but then as the batsmen starts heading back (still behind he crease) , you realise that it's not on, so cancel...but the batsmen run anyway and run themselves out.

You don't have to press the hit six button just to get a boundary.
eg. Square cut boundary really just requires (assuming for RH batsman) press the backfoot shot + left button, and good timing and right ball. Similar for on and off drives. If the timing is right, front foot + down button usually does the trick.

I generally get myself caught if I try to hit six down to long on/off so don't try it too much. Only way that seems to work sometimes is to charge and hit six..

Last edited:
yorkers are the easiest ball to hit for six...(with fast bowlers anyways) hold the six hit button and press press the charge button just as the ball is about to leave the bowlers hand..timing is almost always perfect and the ball goes over the rope no worries...watch out for the slower ball though as this one gets you out bowled or caught by midon/off...

I played a 50 over game yesterday and scored 520 without using the slog button once. It's improves your timing playing without and scores tend to be more realistic.

I can't, I have too many kits installed. If Ravi can give me the config file as text I can hex edit it in myself.

hello everyone, how r u guys doing? i thought there were more realistic scores in this game?

Users who are viewing this thread