How do you eat yours? Youth Players Development

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was wondering how you generally go about developing a youth player into a star.

What sort of second team averages a young player has to have for you to consider signing him? And what sort of ages do you go for?

Do you then try to give him either batting or bowling technique training all year around or do only the ones who perform when given their chances get the chance to have some training?

Basically how do you go about making sure you have the best players in 3 years time?

Personally I try to give one or two youth players games in the One day format and if they succeed with some quickfire innings, I give them a chance in the 4 day format.

I find sometimes the best thing to do is just put them straight in the team. One of my youth players in his first season second top score with about 1500 runs. Was very impressive. Some youth players though you will find just aren't up to the standard and just don't play them in firsts for a while keep them in second team. If they are batsmen put them on batting technique coaching, if a bowler bowling technique coaching.

If they have a batting average of around 50 then they should be good if there young. Put battign techniue on them for the whole season and if he has a good season use him next if not chuck him in 2nd team for a year.

Users who are viewing this thread