How do you hit a 6 in cricket 2005 on PS2???

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Am really struggling to hit a 6 in cricket 2005 on PS2... I have tried advance down the wicket shot, slog sweep, going over long off, long on and cover but I get caught everytime, especially while playing better teams like Eng or Aus.

I have heard people say that it's easy to hit a 6 with advance down the wicket (circle button) shot. Can anyone please tell me how to do that? I mean when to press the button, which shot to select (cover drive, on drive, i.e. the shot direction) and for what kind of deliveries (i.e. medium length, over pitched, short etc.)?

Also can I hit a 6 even when the confidence of my batsman is low or if it's a new batsman? Or do I need to wait till the batsman's confidence is filled up a bit before trying a 6-hit? Do lemme know as am really struggling in odis.

Timing, I have that problem too, but I just try to always hit a six over mid wicket, or "cow corner" area.

alfa_beta said:
Am really struggling to hit a 6 in cricket 2005 on PS2... I have tried advance down the wicket shot, slog sweep, going over long off, long on and cover but I get caught everytime, especially while playing better teams like Eng or Aus.

I have heard people say that it's easy to hit a 6 with advance down the wicket (circle button) shot. Can anyone please tell me how to do that? I mean when to press the button, which shot to select (cover drive, on drive, i.e. the shot direction) and for what kind of deliveries (i.e. medium length, over pitched, short etc.)?

Also can I hit a 6 even when the confidence of my batsman is low or if it's a new batsman? Or do I need to wait till the batsman's confidence is filled up a bit before trying a 6-hit? Do lemme know as am really struggling in odis.
Timing Timing Timing and more Timing it is all down to that. Button needs to be pressed the same time as a normal shot unless you go for an advance down the wicket shot (press button as soon ball leaves bowlers hands for advance down wicket shot).

*remember you can hold your six hit button down while the bowler is running in and then press other button.

When your batter first starts off with no confidence you need to be extremely accurate with the timing and what shot to use as the risk of a mishit is very high i personally wait till confidence meter is about 1/2 to 3/4 full before attempting six hit in one day match, (the only other time i go for a six hit is when you hear umpire call no ball then go for it no matter what as you can only get out by run out) otherwise when your batter starts to get some confidence you will find the shot easier. be patient and dont worry if your run rate goes up to 8 or even 9 an over the trick is not to panick get those batsmen confidence up and then go for the 6 shots and you will find that you will be scoring at 10 - 15 an over with batsmen who have their confidence up to at least 1/2 to 3/4 full.

Hope this helps you. Also be patient dont worry if you keep getting out trying for six hit keep perserveering as game has steep learning curve, look at what you have achieved by starting to hit boundaries when you had trouble before just keep going, i was the same as you when i first started. good luck!!!

Slog Sweep is the Easiest shot to hit for 6, use a spinner to hit it off of, and press all the significant buttons just before the ball pitches, for off spinner try a foot outside off stump on a good length.

Thanks for the tips... will try to use these and see how I fare.

Users who are viewing this thread