• I buy/steal illegally individual tracks

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • I dont buy or steal music, I listen on the radio

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I hate music, I have no joy in my life

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I'm deaf, what do I care

• Video Killed the radiostar (I have no opinion)

• Total voters

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I recently heard an interview with a band where they said that their next album would be the last that was intended to be listened to from start to finish because people now just download tracks. Personally I'm saddened by this, I really like the musical journey Albums can take you on. Not only can albums tell a sort of story, but they can get you listening to tracks that on first listen you dismissed.

So my question is, how do you listen to music? Is the Album important to you or do you just listen to individual tracks?

Rhetorical question to myself: Is there a way to legally steal an album? :p

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
No discussing actual illegal practices please, it's against forum rules and Planetcricket does not condone or support any of it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I haven't heard new music in ages. I tend to listen to albums I like from start to finish in order. However, most of them are electronica so usually listening in order doesn't do too much.

I have definitely stopped "acquiring" tracks one by one. If I do get music (whether legally or illegally) I tend to do it in the whole album form. This is primarily because I've become kind of anal and hence it's an organizational dream to have all the tracks with beautiful ID3 tags and fitting nicely into my music collection.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alright i'll rephrase it. If NME reccomends a particular artist i'll go on certain friendly sites and obtain their albums in an entirely legal manner.

sohummisra said:
This is primarily because I've become kind of anal

Hehe. I'm so childish. :D

Last edited:

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Is there not supposed to be an option in the poll for "legal purchasing of music" ? Not everyone illegally downloads music; not saying i don't but im not admitting anything either :p

Users who are viewing this thread