How do you score quickly?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Currently playing CC2011, it's a lot of fun, but one thing that really irritates me is that it is impossible to make your players score quicker.

I've tried everything, but if you're batting and it's the final 5 overs and you want to score quick, and need say 6-7 RPO to win, it's just impossible. More luck than anything. On Normal and Aggressive the batsmen just don't score quick enough (keep playing out dot balls) and on all out attack they just get out.

It's hopeless. My last 10 overs just yield 50-60 runs each time, no matter the pitch condition and no matter what I do.

How do you guys get your batsmen to scre quickly? What's the trick? In ICC05 it worked so much better - higher aggression = more runs, and 1 bar below full aggression was perfect for the final 10. Lots of singles and twos, the odd boundary, but high odds of a wicket falling.

Here, nothing seems to work. And it's infuriating as I keep losing run chases by 1-5 runs because, with 6 needed off the last over, I can't make my batsmen stop playing dots. And I can never cash in on awesome position like 180/2 after 40 overs, usually ending up on 230 odd for like 4 or 5 (or 9 down if I try too hard).

Playing as an Associate team BTW, so batsmen/bowler skills in the 25 - 60 range. Low skilled. But found the same issue generally when playing internationally as Pakistan.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think it depends on the scoring speed. For me, once the batsman is settled, I put a bar or more for a player to score little quicker and it might work but you also need a little bit of luck.

If not, I usually go to the editor menu and change the player scoring speed for some strange reason. :D

Users who are viewing this thread