How to get Skill?

bp3000

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I want to know if there are any rules that I'm not aware of, regarding gaining skill points.

I understand that it doesn't work with Australian or English players. So me and my friend tried to do a co-op 10 over tournament playing as Ireland in a 10 over match. We've had instances of getting half-centuries and 5 bowled wickets by one player (however the wickets were over 2 matches) but no skill points have been awarded.

I think the issue could be one of the following;
- Can't get skill points when playing co-op against the computer
- Can't get skill points in 10 over ODIs
- I don't understand what "successful runs" means (I read that once you get "20 successful runs" you should get a skill point... I'm interpreting that as just when a player gets 20 runs.)

Thanks for any help any one can offer.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It might be only single player vs CPU that you earn skill points, but haven't tried co-op myself.

bp3000

School Cricketer
That makes sense.

I also think the 20 successful runs doesn't include runs from boundaries.

I've also noticed that the lower you set the running skill for running between wickets , the faster your player seems to run between wickets. Seems like a bug.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes, you only earn the 'successful runs' points if you successfully, literally, run 20 runs. Although you get points for a set number of boundaries too so it evens out

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Of course, if you have 360 version you can edit the skill points of all teams, including Eng and Aus yourself using the Player Editor

bp3000

School Cricketer
Of course, if you have 360 version you can edit the skill points of all teams, including Eng and Aus yourself using the Player Editor

Yeah I can just pick some super good player from one of the non-Australia and England sides and edit them I think (including redistributing their skill points)... But that isn't the point!!! You need to earn the skill points like a real cricket player. HAHAHAHA

Actually enjoyable but the tolerances are ridiculous... 15 boundaries for a skill point??? I'm lucky to get 5 skill points over half an hour if I focus only on skill points. That only brings one area (like bowling) up one point. Crazy difficult.

I recommend if someone wants to do what I'm doing, do a pseudo career mode by simulating all the time your player isn't batting or bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread