HOw to score runs...

gary0808

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
IN ltd overs batting

WE should sdtat a thread for any hints and tips for how to score runs in....

0-15 overs

15-30

40- 50

Keep hints coming in

I would love some help on this, because im at a complete loss.

Getting the right patch, how to score and everything is getting too much and im half tempted to leave this game alone... Im losing silly wickets all the time and getting edges that if watched look impossible physics wise.

For a beginner , what would you recommend?

Its as if I can never get anywhere near the boundary using a regular shot, let alone pierce the fielding setup.... Im at a complete loss.

Was just doing well in a County match, 83 / 1 and then I lost three wickets in the next few over playing defensive shots... unreal.

Of all the patches and what not, what would you say is best for a beginner to get some enjoyment from the game?

I was under the impression that holding the button longer would make the shot harder, but that never seems to be the case.... how do you hit the ball with more venom with using the Six hit button?

Damolee

The v1.2 Beta along with the odifields(both in 1st page of my thread) support easy gameplay.

Siddharth

Thanks buddy!

Would they help any in Five day matches?

i would advise for people not timing the ball well to press the shot button (W or S) just as the ball hits the bowling marker. also these are some tips for different balls

FOR RIGHT HANDED BATSMEN

Yorker = Leg glance S+right
Good length outside off =Cover Drive S+left+down
Good length on stumps =Stright drive S+down
Good length leg stump =Sweep S+up+right
Short offside =Glide W+up+left
Short offside =Cut W+left
Short straight =Glance W+right
Short straight =Pull W+right+up

if you use the six hit button i would advise to use it for shots either
over mid on
slog sweep
pull
and cover (if theres no fielder on boundary as this is usually 4)

lol, that was a long post for me

Very good tips

Heres some batting tips that work 4 me

Dont use the power hit button early in your innings. it might seem a big temptation but runs will eventually come.

Staight drive and cover drive if the ball is going straight. if the ball is outside offstump than on drive.

When facing fast bowlers try to time the buttons just as the ball is hitting the floor. i learned that in the nets. it works 4 me.

hope this works 4 you

Still havent won an ODI does anyone please have advice on when to use six hit button advance down or nudge for singles for what type of deliveries. PPPPPLLLLLLLEASEE!

Last edited:
help reply

gary0808 said:
Still havent won an ODI does anyone please have advice on when to use six hit button advance down or nudge for singles for what type of deliveries. PPPPPLLLLLLLEASEE!

in ODI I always bowl first so I skittle them out quickly. When bowling with a fast bowler like gough, lee or harmison always pitch the ball just before the stumps, so the ball will land between the stumps and the batsman, sometimes against good teams you will get hit for some runs, but on the other hand all good batsman will miss it and get out. If you do this successfully they will get at most 70 to 80 runs, if you think you can't do that just simulate it. And the most important thing is that when you select the match length always put it on 50 overs, or they will slog you for six each time :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread