I can't get speed when bowling....help!

stannie65

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys. When i bowl with a quick bowler, the fastest he bowls is 50 miles an hour or something, how do i make him bowl quickly or increase the speed?

You have to time it perfectly. Try to get the bar up to the line or just over. Not too far as this will result in a no ball but when your timing is perfect people like Harmison and Lee will reach 90mph +

This takes practice but trust me when you get a 97mph delviery swinging in and knocking over the batmans middle stump.. Boy does it feel sweet! :)

It is possible to bowl quickly but to do it consistently is very difficult. It would have made more sense to set a lower limit to the speed a bowler could bowl. For instance, if you're bowling with Harmison and completely mistime the meter the ball should come out in the high 70's instead of the 40's which is completely unrealistic.

The biggest problem is that the computer does it too. How do you play a 43 mph bouncer?!

yeh wats with that. the game is realy fun, quick paced and batting is superb but i cant get the ball to be quick

Mcgrath bowls at around 125-135 KMPH (dunno miles) but with me i can only get up to like 90kmph. same with all bowlers includin Lee. even my no balls where i got right over the line are ****in slow 2

There are two buttons-change of pace delivery and regular delivery. Make sure you are pressing the right button. I played a whole match using change of pace before realising my mistake.

yeh ive realised that Num Pad 8 is the varying speed one but Num Pad 2 is meant to be normal

now if i dont press the button when its right on the line its a slower ball

This is how you bowl fast the button you click to get the circle is your slower ball. click it to get your circle to aim theeeen.... the block button when you bat is the fast ball click that where you want it on the bowling thing (close to line = fast) I got Harmision 150 yorker.

I use a game pad so I don't know the keyboard

Retox said:
This is how you bowl fast the button you click to get the circle is your slower ball. click it to get your circle to aim theeeen.... the block button when you bat is the fast ball click that where you want it on the bowling thing (close to line = fast) I got Harmision 150 yorker.

I use a game pad so I don't know the keyboard
probably explains y im lost

it is really hard to constantly keep bowling over 90 mph! not that you cant its just tough, i just hope the patch has this bug fixed!

my main grief is the fact that the computer dun bowl fast enough

only player ive encounted constantly bowling fast is harmison. he fired a couple of 155kmph ones at me and i was so late on em, ****in fast which is good....

whiteninness said:

only player ive encounted constantly bowling fast is harmison. he fired a couple of 155kmph ones at me and i was so late on em, ****in fast which is good....

I've had my off stump shattered by an inswinging thunderbolt TWICE - pc bowls too fast for me!!! LOL :rolleyes: :D

yeh can bowl fast but they bowl 2 many slow balls and ltos of them are short and impossible to play

I agree. Only very occasionally do they bowl fast. At least half the balls delivered by fast bowlers are under 50 mph! That takes away a huge amount of realism in my opinion.

cdak said:
I agree. Only very occasionally do they bowl fast. At least half the balls delivered by fast bowlers are under 50 mph! That takes away a huge amount of realism in my opinion.
definatly gunna have to be fixed in a patch.

bowling is so much fun otherwise, shame that this wrecks it.

it would make playing 50 over ODIs n test matches etc quite tiring

still more fun den cricket 2005 ;)

I actually think the bowling is the easily most fun and enjoyable of any cricket game I have ever played apart from this. It doesn't become boring as it seems that good line and length is rewarded while inaccuracy is punished.

Users who are viewing this thread